Match Thread | Arsenal vs Manchester City (12/08/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mendy isn't comfortable coming inside, that's very obvious, he's got a lot to learn there.

Bernardo's just not been on the ball enough IMO, he's supposed to be controlling the game if he's in for Silva, and he's not doing that at all, he's playing like he would when he's alongside Silva & KDB.

Gundogan ineffective in this role, he's been great in games just off Aguero, he's been great at #6, I don't think I've ever seen him have a good game for us in this role.

I only saw the last 15 minutes of the first half.

By the sounds of it, we were playing well until I tuned in. Typical.

I sense there’s a goal in this for Arsenal. If I’m right, I hope it’s not a sucker punch at 0-1.

Mahrez, Laporte, Aguero and Stones have all been impressive from the little I’ve seen.

Hopefully Kev and Sane on second half, move the ball a bit quicker and utilise Sane's pace as they have to come at us. Mendy worries me s bit, his passing and getting caught out of position

Good first half. Just picked the wrong option in the final third too many times.

Poor execution now amd again is going to happen under pressure with even the best players. But the best players consistently make the right choices, so when the pass comes off it's often a goal. That's what puts KDB and Silva on another level.

Gunda most guilty so far. But he's good enough to turn it round.

A bit rusty but the better team & deservedly ahead, wasted a few good chances. Most players having 7/10 performances so far, Sterling and Dinho for me our stand outs in that half. Mendy looking pretty off the pace to me - looks like he could cost us a goal if he doesn't wake up a little second half.

Reckon will finish 1-2 City.

Says a lot about us in that we are disappointed at only being 1 up at Arsenal opening game of season.

But wasteful in possession is how I would sum it up.

For sure there will be a 10/15 minute spell where they are on top- how we manage that is key

Mendy is not an inverted fullback. Mahrez and Gundogan playing poorly. And Bernardo not as influential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.