Sam Allardyce: Epitome of why English football has lagged behind

It also takes a hell of a lot of practice, on the training pitch and then in matches.

I actually partly agree with BFS, Arsenal should have mixed it up more against us as we are the best at passing out and very used to the high press to get the ball back. Arsenal will play this way by the looks of it but get it right against lesser teams before trying against the best. Arsenal obviously couldn’t choose their first game but should have done it in spells against us not all the time, they can now work on it more.
I agree - my overall plan as a manager would want to be one that is easy on the eye etc but I don't have any issues with managers changing it up when the situation demands it (especially when there is an advantage to be had).

One of my favourite bits from last season was seeing Crazy Eddie chip a 30 yard ball to the over the onrushing attackers out to the wing because the opposition were pressing us well and we were struggling to play out with 10 yard balls.

It demonstrates that we can still play around them even if they get the initial press right (although an actual scenario eludes me at this moment)..........

We will have to disagree. Apart from Bolton where he got lucky he has ruined most clubs he has been anywhere near. His brand of football is why our national team has mostly been a laughing stock for 50 years.

can you explain how he ruined my beloved Hammers ?

we was relegated, in the championship, players jumping ship and in a complete mess before he came in.

Got us promoted first attempt
Top 10 following season
stability couple seasons after, got us to a semi final and left us in Europe.
bought in some real quality at the time on little budget
left us in great shape and following season Bilic took us to 7th

you can be a sheep and claim 'but it was all hoof ball' 'he just plays negative football' bla bla bla - no, it was no better or worse football than ive seen West Ham always play.

Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle, Sunderland and even Everton last season - he left them all in a better position than when he took over

why was he lucky at Bolton ?

It's absurd that Allardyce gets work as a so-called expert. He has not won a single trophy as a player or manager. He is a serial failure and only in England are dinosaurs like him lauded.

Him and other has been a gets air time on talkkshite because Brazil runs that place what he wants he gets.

There you have it folks, don't pass out from the back unless you are the best at it. If you aren't instantly the best at it, fuck it off and just hit it long. How did those players and teams get to be the best at it? Probably just luck, definitely not practice.

Dinosaurs like him will always find excuses to play shit football, as they know they aren't good enough managers to play anything else.

Alardyce is a boring ****. It’s not as if he has no money to try to put a team that actually tries to play on the park.

This attitude of being hard to beat by defending from the off, is killing the EP. So many games are dire to watch with teams trying to cancel out football.

Alardyce is the high priest of dour. Imagine paying for a season ticket to sit and watch the shite he serves up?

There you have it folks, don't pass out from the back unless you are the best at it. If you aren't instantly the best at it, fuck it off and just hit it long. How did those players and teams get to be the best at it? Probably just luck, definitely not practice.

Dinosaurs like him will always find excuses to play shit football, as they know they aren't good enough managers to play anything else.

According to 5 Live yesterday, while we were travelling back from Arsenal, he is in line for the Leicester job in Puel doesn't shape up, oooh you lucky Foxes!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.