Fabian Delph - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, he simply did not make the bench. He has 2 years left on his deal, sold next summer or extension soon? Doesn't seem like the club is in rush to offer him new one, but also have to keep in mind that club barely leaks anything these days.

He’ll have a big role to play this season whether at left back or holding midfielder.

I think he’s a really important member of the squad, big personality, top pro, good for the kids to be around and I think with the confidence of being a title winner he’ll really blossom this year

Everyone has apparently been assured that they will get significant game time (Guardiola said so recently), so I expect him to feature in the coming weeks. The League Cup doesn’t start until the weeks of September 24th, so unless injured I expect all players to have had some game time well before then.

Everyone has apparently been assured that they will get significant game time (Guardiola said so recently), so I expect him to feature in the coming weeks. The League Cup doesn’t start until the weeks of September 24th, so unless injured I expect all players to have had some game time well before then.

It’s a tough call. With Stones and Laporte playing so well, does Pep really want to rotate them for example. Sterling and Mahrez played well also.

Don’t know if Pep will start rotating until we begin playing mid week games. Maybe a player or two but not too many changes. It’s tough to say really.

I love the look of Mendy but Delph needs to be starting games against Liverpool, Chelsea etc.

He is much better defensively, at least for now.

16 players played more than 20 games last season. 23 played 10 or more. Rotation happens naturally in this squad.

How does Mendy get better if he doesn't play?

Imo Mendy should be starting most games but those particular ones Delph needs to start.

Mendy to start against the parked buses which is most teams and Delph to start against the top sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.