Referees’ Performances 2018/19

it would looked at as a matter of course and consequently ruled out, its a no brainer mate

Oh I agree, the sooner the better for me. The technology is there so I do not understand the delay, besides maybe the FA saw how useless our refs utilised it in last years FA Cup.

City were robbed today but if VAR was in place, it would have ended up about 4-1. Sergio would have got a penalty he didn’t deserve, David Silva would have got a borderline penalty (that should have been given imo) and they would have invented another couple of pens to give somewhere along the way. Difficult result to take even though Wolves played well but I’d much rather football not turn into one big penalty shootout like the farcical World Cup.

City were robbed today but if VAR was in place, it would have ended up about 4-1. Sergio would have got a penalty he didn’t deserve, David Silva would have got a borderline penalty (that should have been given imo) and they would have invented another couple of pens to give somewhere along the way. Difficult result to take even though Wolves played well but I’d much rather football not turn into one big penalty shootout like the farcical World Cup.

not sure what you mean a pen he didn't deserve, it either it was or it wasn't

Sergio wouldn't have got a pen,probably booked,a good sort out of what is a pen and what isn't is long over due,if it leads to more pens then so be it,the players behaviour will change if they know every pen claim is reviewed as well

It is a really great example of how Var could help the referee although you do wonder if it was have been referred as not even the City players properly appealed.
I agree, don't think it would have been referred. I didn't see the handball and it only became obvious after the replays. The disappointing thing about the linesman on their goal was that he didn't even have a word with the referee to see if the first player touched the ball (for offside).

the handball goal was a mistake....nothing to do with any perceived agenda. The players including Ederson barely appealed....it happens.

In my mind the game officials (Pigmol) like to "control the game" rather than have assistance of "correct decisions". Atkinson and gang again denying us the win VAR would have given us. It stinks!

Reactions: mat
not sure what you mean a pen he didn't deserve, it either it was or it wasn't

It shouldn’t have been a penalty but the referee would have given it.

@karen7 I agree, the rules need to be sorted out: it’s not so much VAR as the quality of the refs. VAR can be great but when we get to a stage that set-pieces are scored from as much as goals from open play then something isn’t right.

I agree, don't think it would have been referred. I didn't see the handball and it only became obvious after the replays. The disappointing thing about the linesman on their goal was that he didn't even have a word with the referee to see if the first player touched the ball (for offside).

it would be checked as a matter of course, pointless if you didn't, it only takes seconds as we saw today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.