Referees’ Performances 2018/19

It shouldn’t have been a penalty but the referee would have given it.

@karen7 I agree, the rules need to be sorted out: it’s not so much VAR as the quality of the refs. VAR can be great but when we get to a stage that set-pieces are scored from as much as goals from open play then something isn’t right.

why would he?

the handball goal was a mistake....nothing to do with any perceived agenda. The players including Ederson barely appealed....it happens.
It shouldn't matter if the players appealed or not,vinny did,the linesmans job is to closely watch what is going on,he had a great view,it's was obvious from his view,the standard of linesman in this league is dire overall,it shouldn't be swayed by players claiming,he must have seen it

the handball goal was a mistake....nothing to do with any perceived agenda. The players including Ederson barely appealed....it happens.
So it depends on how strongly the players appeal whether decisions are given?

Silva got a yellow card for appealing for a penalty when he was clipped. You could see the Wolves player apparently apologising to Silva after the incident.

Atkinson refused several stonewall penalties in the home derby last season, I wonder what Pep was saying to him at the final whistle.

It shouldn’t have been a penalty but the referee would have given it.

@karen7 I agree, the rules need to be sorted out: it’s not so much VAR as the quality of the refs. VAR can be great but when we get to a stage that set-pieces are scored from as much as goals from open play then something isn’t right.
We are stuck with terrible officials so we should change what we have control over and get the decisions right

Tbf none of our players noticed it was a handball and they were a few yards away, That was an hard one for the official's to spot.
As for the Silva pen I'd be fuckin gutted if that was the other way round, and the very people saying pen now would be saying no pen, I'm sure of it.

who checks every goal? first i've heard, that's the whole point of VAR, and no way is it fair enough
I wasn't being funny. Although I'm in favour of it, I'm just not sure var would necessarily iron out every injustice. Wouldn't have been surprised if the game had re-started today before anyone in the backroom realised a mistake had been made.

I wasn't being funny. Although I'm in favour of it, I'm just not sure var would necessarily iron out every injustice. Wouldn't have been surprised if the game had re-started today before anyone in the backroom realised a mistake had been made.

it would of ruled out that injustice and that is what it is needed for. the ref would not allow the game to start until it was checked

It shouldn't matter if the players appealed or not,vinny did,the linesmans job is to closely watch what is going on,he had a great view,it's was obvious from his view,the standard of linesman in this league is dire overall,it shouldn't be swayed by players claiming,he must have seen it

They sad the position of Mendy probably blocked the Lino's view....what im saying in regards to players appealing is that they were closer and if It was obvious they would have appealed so its understandable that the lino may have missed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.