Bradford City

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
The club seems to be in a bit of a mess.

Michael Collins, one of the youth team coaches was appointed Head Coach in the summer, but they haven’t got off to the best of starts this season, winning two of their first six league games and going out of the League Cup on penalties to Macclesfield.

When they equalised against Fleetwood on Saturday, the players didn’t celebrate and on Monday, Collins was sacked.

His replacement is the club's record signing, David Hopkin, who, most recently has led Livingstone to two promotions, but has been out of work since he left the club at the end of his contract in May.

It will be interesting to see how things develop.

Many believe Collins was only appointed, as nobody else wanted the job and was the puppet on the bench for the German owner. Who happens to be a failed player and is allegedly studying for his coaching badges.
They're on their fifth manager this year, so there may be some truth to that rumour...

The club seems to be in a bit of a mess.

Michael Collins, one of the youth team coaches was appointed Head Coach in the summer, but they haven’t got off to the best of starts this season, winning two of their first six league games and going out of the League Cup on penalties to Macclesfield.

When they equalised against Fleetwood on Saturday, the players didn’t celebrate and on Monday, Collins was sacked.

His replacement is the club's record signing, David Hopkin, who, most recently has led Livingstone to two promotions, but has been out of work since he left the club at the end of his contract in May.

It will be interesting to see how things develop.

Having lived in Bradford for 15 years a while back, I hope they can turn it around.
Have been many times to Valley Parade and a fair few away games, too.
Top lads and they fucking hate dirty Leeds ;-)

Having lived in Bradford for 15 years a while back, I hope they can turn it around.
Have been many times to Valley Parade and a fair few away games, too.
Top lads and they fucking hate dirty Leeds ;-)

Yeah, a lot of my mates at work are Bradford supporters and great lads.

And as you say, they can’t stand dirty Leeds.

Many believe Collins was only appointed, as nobody else wanted the job and was the puppet on the bench for the German owner. Who happens to be a failed player and is allegedly studying for his coaching badges.
They're on their fifth manager this year, so there may be some truth to that rumour...

One of the Bantams' supporters at work called Collins a 'yes man', so that’s probably not far from the truth, though I read that Hopkin applied for the job in the summer.

Lost 2-3 after being 2-0 up with only six minutes left.

They conceded two penalties before Blackpool scored a last-minute winner.

An encouraging start for Hopkin, but plenty of work to do.

Lost 2-3 after being 2-0 up with only six minutes left.

They conceded two penalties before Blackpool scored a last-minute winner.

An encouraging start for Hopkin, but plenty of work to do.

Do you know how many they took ? They used to have a right following when I was there.
They regularly had biggest ave attendances in League 1 and 2 and by a few thousand, too.

Do you know how many they took ? They used to have a right following when I was there.
They regularly had biggest ave attendances in League 1 and 2 and by a few thousand, too.

According to the local paper, it was 1804 in a crowd of nearly 4400.

And I can attest to the large home attendances; it’s a nightmare getting home between 2:00 and 3:00 on a Saturday.

According to the local paper, it was 1804 in a crowd of nearly 4400.

And I can attest to the large home attendances; it’s a nightmare getting home between 2:00 and 3:00 on a Saturday.

What you doing going home at that time ? You should be in t' pub ;-)

The chairman/owner has issued an apology for some of his decisions over the last months:

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...c-says-sorry-to-bradford-city-fans/?ref=ebmps

One of my mates at work told me that he isn’t going any more. He is voting with his feet in protest at Rahić. As much as I think he’s a great lad, I don’t agree with him on that; you should stick by your team through thin and thinner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.