Old football board/card games

AliBobbyJ

Team supported
City
Been thinking about those games I had as a kid that you played in the house on rainy days. Apart from the obvious Subbuteo or the earlier version "Newfooty" does anyone remember a board game called "Wembley"? 64 teams on cards you drew from a hat and rolled two dice for the scores, round by round till the Cup Final. Or a card game called "Penalty"? Think there was also a cricket game "Owzat?" in a tin box. Any others that folk can recall?

Been thinking about those games I had as a kid that you played in the house on rainy days. Apart from the obvious Subbuteo or the earlier version "Newfooty" does anyone remember a board game called "Wembley"? 64 teams on cards you drew from a hat and rolled two dice for the scores, round by round till the Cup Final. Or a card game called "Penalty"? Think there was also a cricket game "Owzat?" in a tin box. Any others that folk can recall?
Seem to recall 1 called striker where you pressed the players head down to kick the ball.

Yeah, remember “Penalty”. Was played a lot in our house when I was young. Think I’ve still got the game somewhere, though the fold up pitch - divided into small squares - was looking pretty worse for wear last time I saw it. The ‘Malteser’-like football was still there though.

Dont remember the cricket game 'Owzat ' ..but i do remember the late 70s single by Sherbert....classic tune.

Remember the cricket one. I think it was a barrel shaped dice with 6 sides and you would roll it and it could say ''LBW'' or 'six' etc

Seem to recall 1 called striker where you pressed the players head down to kick the ball.
hqdefault.jpg

striker-game.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.