Kevin Beattie RIP

That Ipswich side was very, very good. I feared the worst when City were drawn against them for the 81 Cup semi final
You only have to look at this side that was packed with top players
Ipswich Cooper, Mills, Butcher, Thijssen, Osman, Beattie, Wark, Muhren, Mariner, Brazil, Gates
compared to our relatively young side (Gow / Hutch and Bobby Mac apart)

Beattie had been a doubt all week and he was passed fit - I was hoping he would have been out injured as he was such an influence on that team. You could tell maybe he shouldn't have played as he wasn't 100% but was still a fearsome player for the opposition.
I was supporting Ipswich a few weeks later when they won the UEFA Cup and deservedly so.

A great player and legend for the Tractor Boys - RIP

Great player,R I P Kevin,remember when he broke Kenny clements’s leg you could hear the crack in the kippax.

Very sad to hear, as others have said, what a fantastic player in an exceptional Ipswich side, and no doubt would have been even better had he not had a few injury problems, not 100% but pretty sure he was the stand in for the football scenes for Michael Caine in 'Escape to victory' ?

R.I.P Kevin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.