Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

No idea why people are getting so worked up on here. We'll offer what we think he's worth, his agent will want more as he's on a cut, and hopefully we'll come to an agreement. If no one agrees, then we'll sell him for a profit.

Not sure about a profit mate if he's only got 1 year on his contract. What did we sign him for, £49m?

One thing that can be said of Sterling is that he's strong minded. He takes more shit than any other player in England from fans, pundits and media. Every time he sucks it up and comes back fighting.

If we were to have to sell in the summer then there'll be a long queue for his services.
Agreed
Anybody who can deal with being assaulted/racially abused two hours before kick off,then walk ouf on that pitch score two goals ,turn in a man of the match performance ,and not react when his friendly england 'colleagues' kane and ali both try to maim him has to be looked at with the highest regard by any City fan,imo.That spurs match last season was an example of how determined disciplined and totally committed to Manchester City this young man is.nor did he run to the press and sell his story as the victim....

When you also consider his work rate,willingness to put the team first his low injury record and brilliant temperament on the pitch-never mind his goals and assists .....i,m not saying City should keep him at all costs-i d never say that about any player in contract talks....its just worth looking at the whole picture with Raheem...a consummate professional footballer,imo.

Gotta agree with dennishasdoneit. I come on this thread to see if there's any inside info or update, and all I see is paragraphs of you talking out your arse.
I
I really don’t give a fuck what you think. Having played professional football in both England and the States, I’m comfortable with my football knowledge....but I’m happy you’re getting “fucked off” and “annoyed.” Maybe you should reassess your positions?!
I put in the hard miles playing footy at Hough End, Platt fields Park. Rek Park and Birch fields. Still doesn't mean my point of view is superior to any others on this forum, but it does mean I was more comfortable with the concept of a fly goalie when ederson joined City.

logged on just to like this. disappointed how so many fans are led by media like sheeps to turn on raheem. he was one of our best players last season. when we had that crazy winning streak he played a crucial role with those last min goals. this season he is still performing at a high level, he wants to get paid accordingly to the level he feels he deserves. now if he is playing like he does for england maybe they have a point but he isn't.

interesting to note when milner stalled on a contract everyone was still licking his nuts. at least sterling is clear he wanted a pay rise. milner led everyone to believe he needed a reason to stay when all he planned was to go on a free to liverpool scums

I think you have misunderstood the point behind the criticism. I dont for one moment believe anyone posting on here is saying he isn't worthy of securing the best deal he can for himself, but the criticism arose (and rightly so imo) when it was suggested he wants parity with our top earners.

No one saying he is gash or not a valued member, its just that some believe he is not yet worthy of being on par with the top earners.

To use the cliche that fans are like sheep and have swallowed the media bias is just a lazy stick

Maybe he just wants to try another country. Spain, Germany? Somewhere he won’t get boo’d every other week and where the scouse loving media won’t be on his back

Shauny Wright springs to mind. One minute he was telling us he was happy at City, next he was on his way to Chelsea, obviously had his head turned up his agent. He did a lot of bench warming at Chelsea.

He said in an interview later that after he'd turned down the move saying he wanted to stay and was happy here that John Wardle told him we needed to sell him for the money as we were going under, and that he pulled over to a services and cried when told the deal was through.

Then again that could be to sweeten us after he rejoined us, but anyway i think your orig post is a bit unfair on SWP, as it's nowt to do with "having his head turned by an agent".

Agreed
Anybody who can deal with being assaulted/racially abused two hours before kick off,then walk ouf on that pitch score two goals ,turn in a man of the match performance ,and not react when his friendly england 'colleagues' kane and ali both try to maim him has to be looked at with the highest regard by any City fan,imo.That spurs match last season was an example of how determined disciplined and totally committed to Manchester City this young man is.nor did he run to the press and sell his story as the victim....

When you also consider his work rate,willingness to put the team first his low injury record and brilliant temperament on the pitch-never mind his goals and assists .....i,m not saying City should keep him at all costs-i d never say that about any player in contract talks....its just worth looking at the whole picture with Raheem...a consummate professional footballer,imo.
On the fucking money.

Be interested on getting people's thoughts on where Sterling fits in within our highest earners.

KDB - Our best player

Aguero
Silva

Both great players and deserve to be amongst the best paid.

But who after that deserves more than Sterling?

He said in an interview later that after he'd turned down the move saying he wanted to stay and was happy here that John Wardle told him we needed to sell him for the money as we were going under, and that he pulled over to a services and cried when told the deal was through.

Then again that could be to sweeten us after he rejoined us, but anyway i think your orig post is a bit unfair on SWP, as it's nowt to do with "having his head turned by an agent".
Yes I had heard that but had forgotten mate. Simple as my fading memory really; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.