Match Thread | Manchester City vs Lyon (19/09/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pep has a weak spot for him based on how he played at Dortmund.

Problem is, he is still a very good player, better than some city fans think, but nowhere near that level, and trying to accommodate him can sometimes imbalance the team - Liverpool away last year, and today as well. We needed Sane to run at the other full back and Bernardo in the middle, I reckon

Many of the players from the Klopp era are over rated. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Dortmund fan so I have the deepest respect for Gundogan, but Klopp has a way of making teams/players looking good, with his style of play. Götze, Kagawa, Miki, Gundo, etc. Some good players, but not the world class players they looked like under Klopp.

Why play with inverted wingers when the fullbacks aren’t overlapping? It just narrows the pitch. Sane has to come on at the break.

Seems like there’s still no improvement in our passing either. The single time we managed to string a sequence of passes together we arrived at their box dangerously.

Gundogan is a neat, efficient player. He is good technically. However he will never produce a match-winning piece of skill or a wonder moment that gets the crowd off its feet or win the ball in his own half and drive 60 yards to lay on a goal for a team mate. You want him to be the one who occasionally is capable of grabbing the headlines the next day but he can be invisible for large passages of play.
Yeah, like 8-12 months at a time.

I try not to be down on gundo by my goodness he loves the square/backward/safe pass. Almost like he’s more concerned with not giving it away to stay in pep’s good graces. And I think pep needs to tell him that’s not the be all end all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.