Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

We are missing KDB's drive from midfield. Time to give young Foden a go. Anything is better than Gundogan who is passing sideways and backwards so much.

Question: what was the reason for aguero being dropped? He needs to start every game if he's not injured. Jesus is not our main guy at his stage of development

he took a slight knock against Fulham, so I guess Jesus got the start to give him more time off for Cardiff and you'd expect Jesus to be capable along with the rest of the team to put away a team 7th in the french league.

don't think Jesus is actually developing at all.

At the end of the day...would i be more pissed off had we just lost a league game in that manner....

You bet my fucking life i would be.

Because it happened in the champions league, not arsed one bit to honest.

The positive is that we have 5 more games to sort it out and it isn’t a strong group so we should be ok.

They played really well and we once again struggled against the press.

We miss De Bruyne and will do so until he is playing again. We are not the same team without him and it shows against better sides.

The decision to not buy a player to take some
of the workload off Fernandinho could be extremely costly. He was terrible tonight.

Pissing around with team selection and positions didn’t work. Sterling left, Bernardo right was just wrong tonight and didn’t work. All to accommodate Gundogan who let’s face it offers very little.

The defence is still very vulnerable under presssure. I personally don’t like this Stones/Laporte pairing and better teams will exploit it.

Why did Walker take that free kick? Since when has he been a master of free kick taking?

We lacked leadership tonight.

Not sure why Gundogan is being singled out again. Fernandinho, Delph, Walker were all pretty poor for me. Sané changed the game but we could have just as easily taken Fernandinho off at that point. With Mendy still injured I'm not really sure why we didn't start with Sané tonight, especially when it meant playing with Bernardo in the right when he's played really well in the centre.

We had an off day, but I'm pretty confident we'll still top the group.

Never play Gundo again, and when things are going right during the game....don't change it! Taking Sterling off took the wind out of our sails, poor management.

Whilst he’s one of my favourite players, Fernandinho is not the player he used to be.

Unless Mendy and Mahrez can add another dimension to our play, it’s difficult to see us faring well in this season’s CL. We look extremely vulnerable to the counter attack, and many teams will look to exploit that.

I miss KDB :(

It's all well and good folk saying they 'don't give a fuck' about the result and this competition.

However, the club does, the owners do, and Pep most certainly does.

I'd rather get the group won, like last year, and take the opportunity to rest players for the last two games. Losing tonight potentially lessens the chances of doing that and having to further flog, D Silva, Fern and so on. Our midfield options are already limited.

No more Gundogan & Fernandinho together, please!

We need to get back to what served us so well last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.