Lyon (H) - Post Match Thread

And all the Mahrez doubt makes me laugh, probably the same duds who didn't think Silva or Tevez were good initially. Has more class in his boots than Sterling and Sane. Whipped in about 4 world class crosses at the end, something only De Bruyne can do in our squad. Will enjoy the humble pie eating later.

Poor, that. Really poor.

Gundogan was anonymous. That double pivot with Fernandinho just doesn't seem to work.

Complacent passing & got punished.

Anyone would struggle in the Fernandinho role the way we played tonight to be fair, he was having to mop up so many errors.

Thought Gundogan and Silva both had really bad off days in midfield, which had the biggest impact. Having said that, no one played well.

And? Why is that deserving of a 'but'?

I agree with a few of the things in your post btw.

Because it wasn't a case of us breaking them down in the usual way. An Ederson assist isn't something we can rely on.
If not for that once a season type set piece I reckon that game would likely have been a slog

And all the Mahrez doubt makes me laugh, probably the same duds who didn't think Silva or Tevez were good initially. Has more class in his boots than Sterling and Sane. Whipped in about 4 world class crosses at the end, something only De Bruyne can do in our squad. Will enjoy the humble pie eating later.
Some had doubts about kdb if I remember correctly

Not sure why Gundogan is being singled out again. Fernandinho, Delph, Walker were all pretty poor for me. Sané changed the game but we could have just as easily taken Fernandinho off at that point. With Mendy still injured I'm not really sure why we didn't start with Sané tonight, especially when it meant playing with Bernardo in the right when he's played really well in the centre.

We had an off day, but I'm pretty confident we'll still top the group.
Because Gundogan was totally and utterly gash. He was the one passing sideways and backwards all game mainly to players who were put under pressure immediately.
Play us like Liverpool do by pressing in central midfield with a bit of pace and we fall apart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.