Greatest Atmosphere ever at Maine Road

The blue phantom

While we're on abt how shite the atmosphere is atm, thought I'd take a trip down memory lane, Folk always seem to think Maine road was bouncing all the time, which we know was bollocks.

But which ones stood out for you.

Rags 5-1 was just fuckin unbelievable, 3-1 too
Taylor scoring the winner v Birmingham in 2000 or 2001
The Charlton game also

There's many more but those are just several that were fantastic.

Wigan - goater Nipple
Spurs - phelan pitch invasion
Liverpool - white 2
Rags 3-1

City 5-1 charlton
city 3-1 rags sometime in the mid70's ,stuart pearson had said summert in the press in the week beforehand and all i remember hearing as a kid in the kippax was " pearson is a wanker,pearson is a wanker ! "
city 4-0 or was it 4-1 v boro 2nd leg league cup semi

While we're on abt how shite the atmosphere is atm, thought I'd take a trip down memory lane, Folk always seem to think Maine road was bouncing all the time, which we know was bollocks.

But which ones stood out for you.

Rags 5-1 was just fuckin unbelievable, 3-1 too
Taylor scoring the winner v Birmingham in 2000 or 2001
The Charlton game also

There's many more but those are just several that were fantastic.
Beating Forest in 79 Denya getting the winner. Forest were champions and unbeaten in like 30 odd games.
Liverpool in 86? Won 1-0 Clive Wilson and we stopped Liverpool having their regular 4 / 5 - 0 thrashing over us. Dalgliesh came on as a sub with 15 to go and they kept hitting the bar or Nixon pulling off a save. Fans begging the ref to blow.... Amazing cheers at the end....

For me the best atmosphere was the Kind of Magic Queen concert with Status Quo as the support band!

(Couldn’t speak or hear for days afterwards !!)

Closely followed by the 5-1 thrashing of ManUre and the night game in the early 70s when we beat Liverpool in an FA Cup replay. Big Mal came onto the pitch wearing his fedora and wound up the crowd.
CTID

The obvious one for me would be the 5-1 Maine Road massacre. However a few understated ones come to mind such as when we came down from 2 nil v sheff Wednesday to win 3-2 and Rosler sliding forever on his knees. Think we followed it up by beating Liverpool which was pretty good too.

Wigan in the play off semi springs to mind as well as a couple of 4 goal demolishion of Leeds.

The obvious one for me would be the 5-1 Maine Road massacre. However a few understated ones come to mind such as when we came down from 2 nil v sheff Wednesday to win 3-2 and Rosler sliding forever on his knees. Think we followed it up by beating Liverpool which was pretty good too.

Wigan in the play off semi springs to mind as well as a couple of 4 goal demolishion of Leeds.
Yep, that Wigan game was unbelievable too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.