United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
not many managers are going to be able to turn them around, whats required at the swamp is going into transition and getting shut of the dead wood and rebuild from there,that's a four year plan but the trouble is they wont wait 4 years or so this is why they have 'the manager merry go round' they keep trying to fund there way out and it simply is beyond that,they are spunking millions of pounds away on inflated wage deals and manager compensation its the monster that slur whiskey created 'a victim of success if you like', partly created by city as well because the success we are sampling they want the quick fix even more so they panic buy and waste more money and end up with a bigger problem

To be fair to a rag who rang Talk Shite last night, he pretty much said this
He said they are miles behind us, as we've invested in really talented young players who could be with us for ten years, where as they are all over the place chucking good money after bad
He suggested getting rid of Mourinho and selling Pogba. Offer Pottechino big money (probably what Mourinho is earning) give him whatever money they recoup for Pogba for starters and let him roll for four years as the next manager has to be long term and whilst the new guy turns it around they have to suffer
I suppose what he was suggesting is similar to what Liverpool have done with Klopp

PEG seemingly stoking the feud nicely. Not sure if its true but on Redcafe:

Jose Mourinho: "You see the man who sat on the opposite bench? That is my old player. Frank Lampard. That is a warrior, a leader on and off the field. A real captain, who puts the team first, different to what I have right now."
Even though he's the world's worst man-manager, I struggle to believe he really said that.

Even though he's the world's worst man-manager, I struggle to believe he really said that.
Interesting how his reputation has changed since Madrid, prior to that man management was meant to be his strongest suit.
He probably has changed as a person over the last six or seven years quite a lot.

To be fair to a rag who rang Talk Shite last night, he pretty much said this
He said they are miles behind us, as we've invested in really talented young players who could be with us for ten years, where as they are all over the place chucking good money after bad
He suggested getting rid of Mourinho and selling Pogba. Offer Pottechino big money (probably what Mourinho is earning) give him whatever money they recoup for Pogba for starters and let him roll for four years as the next manager has to be long term and whilst the new guy turns it around they have to suffer
I suppose what he was suggesting is similar to what Liverpool have done with Klopp
You can but hope.

Cook also said Yaya came for the project.

Stop being so fucking contrary.

No wonder you receive so many nasty PMs.

Every player said they came for the project, doesn't make it true. Yaya is a compulsive liar, to suggest otherwise is crazy.

I looked at the financial headlines to their results yesterday:

Revenue flat at £590m
Expenses up: Wages now 50% turnover at £296m and transfer costs at £138m (both in excess of City by the way).

Their supporters have some blind faith that their financial power is impregnable but it is not. They are still a cash making machine but City are 5/6th of Man Utd in that respect and don't quite have the costs of Man Utd and then there's the debt mountain which is more or less unchanged.

Utd probably have scope for one more round of rebuilding which is going to involve another round of escalating transfer costs and wages. But that's it. One more chance and then they will be forced to reign in spending and that will likely signal an accelerated decline.

Really poor numbers those.
They've got £90m more revenue than us but the £505m debt from 2005 has only reduced to £487m and is costing them £24m a year to service.
I read that the glazers take something like £30m a year out.
That only leaves the £36m more revenue a year than us - that's like a Sanchez.
Basically they have the same income as us + Sanchez.
Like you say they really need to get this next round of recruitment spot on otherwise they are screwed for 5 years.
What a marvellous time.

I looked at the financial headlines to their results yesterday:

Revenue flat at £590m
Expenses up: Wages now 50% turnover at £296m and transfer costs at £138m (both in excess of City by the way).

Their supporters have some blind faith that their financial power is impregnable but it is not. They are still a cash making machine but City are 5/6th of Man Utd in that respect and don't quite have the costs of Man Utd and then there's the debt mountain which is more or less unchanged.

Utd probably have scope for one more round of rebuilding which is going to involve another round of escalating transfer costs and wages. But that's it. One more chance and then they will be forced to reign in spending and that will likely signal an accelerated decline.

The rebuild is unreal.

De Gea has 8 months left, will he stay? I know Madrid are set, but Juve could do with a better keeper & I wouldn't rule out PSG.

Valencia, about 33 and not good enough.
Darmian, wants out, not good enough.

Bailly, ok player, decent back up.
Lindlehof, same as above.
Dalott, no idea.

Smalling, not good enough.
Jones, same as above.

Shaw, decent player.
Young, again, about 33 and not good enough.

Matic, 32 next, legs gone.
Pogba, complete shit storm.
Fred, decent player.
Herrera, don't get him.
Fellaini, let's call him an acquired taste.

Mata, way past his best. However could be useful to a more imaginative manager.
Lingard, simply don't understand.
Martial, will he still be there? Good player in there.
Sanchez, their next Rooney style dead weight.
Rashford, will be a problem for the next manager, loads of pressure to play him, but not actually very good.
Lukaku, a very specific striker, not sure a high pressing manager would want him.

A decent short term manager could get them playing ok, but they'd be awful defensively if they pushed on like we do.

It's hilarious to see, sadly they are beginning to realise they have real problems..

Interesting how his reputation has changed since Madrid, prior to that man management was meant to be his strongest suit.
He probably has changed as a person over the last six or seven years quite a lot.
Agreed. It's quite remarkable that this is the same guy whose players used to say they'd run through a brick wall for. Now he happily throws them all under the bus whenever something goes wrong.

As funny as his comments about Jones and Bailly were for us, it's a disgrace that he said that in public about his own players. They must all hate him.

not many managers are going to be able to turn them around, whats required at the swamp is going into transition and getting shut of the dead wood and rebuild from there,that's a four year plan but the trouble is they wont wait 4 years or so this is why they have 'the manager merry go round' they keep trying to fund there way out and it simply is beyond that,they are spunking millions of pounds away on inflated wage deals and manager compensation its the monster that slur whiskey created 'a victim of success if you like', partly created by city as well because the success we are sampling they want the quick fix even more so they panic buy and waste more money and end up with a bigger problem

They would need an investment of over half a billion over 2 summer and 1 winter transfer windows just to touch the sides and improve what they have. The trouble is, the transfer market which they inflated with silly bids on Pogba and Lukaku plus offering huge wages to Sanchez, 100 million doesnt get you a lot these days. They laughed at us spending big in summer 2016 and summer 2017, who is laughing now? Our squad development goes as far as identifying maybe a couple of players each window as City look set for the next 10 years if they keep everyone together. You look at the other teams in Europe and none of them have that and will probably have to embark on some huge squad rebuilding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.