City opening second office in China

Shenzhen is one of the most affluent Cities in China.

China's population is fucking mad.

I don't know Shenzhen, I might have heard of it once or twice, but I had to google it, and it's a City the size of London, and it's like the 8th largest in the country.

45 Million!
Clucking Bell thats a fair few potential new fans.
And no doubt that audience will get bigger.
If it entrenches us as a major global football superpower im all for it.
I smell a few more tasty lucrative sponsorships if we become really popular in China.
Wonder how we stack up against the other major players.

China's population is fucking mad.

I don't know Shenzhen, I might have heard of it once or twice, but I had to google it, and it's a City the size of London, and it's like the 8th largest in the country.
First city over the border from Hong Kong. It is full of new money. In the 70s it was just a fishing village. Grew on the back of HK

Does it really matter ? If it is about investmest dont we have enough
If it about building world wide supporter base people on here will only call them Plastics' Johny come latley.Glory Hunters .ect ect .lets build the fan base in Manchester first and get the majority of youngsters following City

45 Million!
I smell a few more tasty lucrative sponsorships if we become really popular in China.
So only 612 million behind the rags!

45 Million!
From what I remember when I looked at a Global Digital Trends survey we were very popular in China by Chinese social media (weibo). From what I recall City and Utd were way ahead of the rest. For some reason the Premier League seems to be very popular in China.

I have a friend who travels a lot to China and he insists that that country is far more advanced than England but that the car travel across Beijing is completely impossible. This matches my own experience in university where the number of foreign students has exploded. When I first went to university in the 1980/90 it was 95% English with a few foreign students, now I would say that 70% of Manchester University students are Chinese and their academic skills are very impressive but it is very difficult to communicate with them. Their maths and computing skills are outstanding compared to other students. Perhaps that's just because half the world's population comes from China and therefore are a lot more really bright Chinese than there are Europeans. I think English education is highly valued by Chinese students not because of the quality of UK universities but that they get to learn English which is the international language of trade and academia (scientific papers are written in English).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.