Hoffenheim away travel

Where do I get a Hessen ticket from and can I get it from Cologne airport to Heidelberg?

No. Cologne is in Nordrhein Westfalen... North Rhenan....???

The question is, how much time you have... Tickets like the Germany ticket or the cheaper state tickets just let you go with the regional trains, not the speed trains. From Frankfurt or Stuttgart to e.g. Heidelberg that might cost you an extra hour, often a lot less. From Cologne the difference it takes less than 2 hours with the ICE but nearly 5 with the regional trains with extra train changes.

You would go through atleast 3 different German states, so probably in case you would prefer the cheaper trains you should take the Germany ticket we talked about. Some have put links for it in this thread,

If you go alone it could be even cheaper booking online the normal fare. You have to look into the schedule and the booking page of the Deutsche Bahn as different connections as well as different tickets for it - some are not refundable or bound to taking that train - cost differently.

Cheapest is probaly Flixbus. Booked online it costs from 13,99 Eur, but the latest possible trip to Heidelberg starts 8:30 and arrives 13:10. There is 2 busses to Mannheim at 10:30 and 13:25 arriving in Mannheim at 2 pm and 4 pm 30. Problem with the busses is that they often are late.

Last edited:
No. Cologne is in Nordrhein Westfalen... North Rhenan....???

The question is, how much time you have... Tickets like the Germany ticket or the cheaper state tickets just let you go with the regional trains, not the speed trains. From Frankfurt or Stuttgart to e.g. Heidelberg that might cost you an extra hour, often a lot less. From Cologne the difference it takes less than 2 hours with the ICE but nearly 5 with the regional trains with extra train changes.

You would go through atleast 3 different German states, so probably in case you would prefer the cheaper trains you should take the Germany ticket we talked about. Some have put links for it in this thread,

If you go alone it could be even cheaper booking online the normal fare. You have to look into the schedule and the booking page of the Deutsche Bahn as different connections as well as different tickets for it - some are not refundable or bound to taking that train - cost differently.

Cheapest is probaly Flixbus. Booked online it costs from 13,99 Eur, but the latest possible trip to Heidelberg starts 8:30 and arrives 13:10. There is 2 busses to Mannheim at 10:30 and 13:25 arriving in Mannheim at 2 pm and 4 pm 30. Problem with the busses is that they often are late.
Thanks pal, I’ll stick with the Germany ticket, we can travel on any train then right?

My ticket hasn't arrived yet but staying chilled. Gonna get to Sinsheim early and enjoy the German atmosphere. This game is so big for us having lost against Lyon. Losing is not an option so if it is still close after 60 minutes I'll be a nervous wreck - but I guess that's the life of a Blue

Anyone think that we can get one of the TC coaches from the airport to drop fans off at Heidelberg rather than straight to Hoffenheim, sounds much livelier, checked FlixBus , there’s a bus 10 mins before we land (10am), the next one is 11.45 which is not ideal , can’t work out train times yet

Anyone think that we can get one of the TC coaches from the airport to drop fans off at Heidelberg rather than straight to Hoffenheim, sounds much livelier, checked FlixBus , there’s a bus 10 mins before we land (10am), the next one is 11.45 which is not ideal , can’t work out train times yet
You could just get on the sbahn from wherever they are dropping you off (I would have thought its Sinsheim rather than Hoffenheim itself)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.