A webpage is slowing down your browser

Henkeman

I'm getting this constantly on the forum at the moment, and only on this site. I suspect it's the ads that are doing it. Now obviously I could block them, but equally obviously I don't want to. I go through the clearing of cookies and so on and it stops it for a bit, but then it comes back.

Anything in the coding you can do?

What AV software are you using?

I got rid of Norton AV because it was crippling my browser.

I now use McAfee. I also use Micosoft Edge browser and have no problems.

What AV software are you using?

I got rid of Norton AV because it was crippling my browser.

I now use McAfee. I also use Micosoft Edge browser and have no problems.

Avast - but as I say, it's purely this website, and no other. Doing some googling (I may stand corrected on this) it appears it's usually specific site coding that is the problem.

I'm getting this constantly on the forum at the moment, and only on this site. I suspect it's the ads that are doing it. Now obviously I could block them, but equally obviously I don't want to. I go through the clearing of cookies and so on and it stops it for a bit, but then it comes back.

Anything in the coding you can do?

Are you using Firefox mate? If so, you might need to disable Flash protected mode:

Tools > Add-ons > Plugins

On the right side, find "Shockwave Flash" and click the More link. Then uncheck the box for "Enable Adobe Flash protected mode" and try that for a day to see whether it helps.

Are you using Firefox mate? If so, you might need to disable Flash protected mode:

Tools > Add-ons > Plugins

On the right side, find "Shockwave Flash" and click the More link. Then uncheck the box for "Enable Adobe Flash protected mode" and try that for a day to see whether it helps.

I am. Thanks Ric, will give it a go.

Does anyone know the answer to this one —-

I have an iPhone and iPad. The forum works fine on my iPhone but on the iPad it’s suddenly gone slow and glitchy and pretty much unusable. I wiped the iPad yesterday back to factory settings and then restored it from iCloud backup but the problem is still there.

Cheers

Does anyone know the answer to this one —-

I have an iPhone and iPad. The forum works fine on my iPhone but on the iPad it’s suddenly gone slow and glitchy and pretty much unusable. I wiped the iPad yesterday back to factory settings and then restored it from iCloud backup but the problem is still there.

Cheers
Same problem on my iPad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.