Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Well played City. Neutrals might have been disappointed but City defended brilliantly and were on top for most of the game I thought but unable to threaten their goal enough.

Happy enough with the result and performance.

A lot of fans wondered if City had the game to withstand the high intensity in your face pressing. Well we know now that we do.

Liverpool must be praying that Salah recovers because they are not going to challenge City without him on top form. I think they will fall away as the season goes on.

Now the initial frustration has died down,i'm feeling much more chilled about the result.

How many would have took the point in the build up to this game or,for that matter,any other time we visit that shit tip?

Its two points dropped for me. At no other ground would we say a point is a good result yet that seems to be considered a good result at a club who have not had a better side than us in 8 years.

We had a really great chance today as they look shattered and we never had the intent to take it. Two wide men did not offer enough threat (team selection issue) and we were to cautious in our approach play worrying about the transition.

Absolutely gutted!! :-( mahrez has really settled into our style yet has he? Also what the fuck has happened to Mendy?! £52m for him? Yet to be convinced besides his crosses.

Behave, Mendy was fine and he's just come back from injury, put in a great shift.

A point is ok bearing in mind our previous record, but Liverpool looked knackered after only 20 mins and were there for the taking. I thought Mahrez looked dangerous and had our only attempts on goal in second half as I remember, although everyone will remember one that was off-target. Bernado Silva had another good game. Onwards and upwards.

Yep this.

We made them play within themselves and it was clearly well coached this week as we withdrew the opportunity for them to prey on our mistakes with the counter that we and so many good sides often provide them especially at Anfield. When they are made to build and create their own opportunities via their own actions they look half the side they are perceived to be... I just hope this blueprint is adopeted by the rest of the league as they really aren’t all that if you sit and let them try and play through you... quite toothless in fact.

Well played Pep.

FFS - I am gutted - what a friggin; penalty - Had the chance to get 3 points - blew it.
Both teams will be happy for 1 point - but I am gutted.
What use is Jesus? - 4 or 5 times he is flagged for offside - in most games as well.
I would not have been happy if Jesus was to take the penalty - only scored 1 in 3.
I do wonder if he takes them - in practice - for Brazil - against Allison ?.
Laporte was immense.
I thought City were better when Jesus and Sane came on. Jesus caused them a lot of problems when he came on with his runs behind the back 4 and his dribbles at their back 4.

Guardiola Guardiola
He’s top and they don’t like it
The Blues are taking over (again)

Perfectly organized and totally nullified any red scouse threat. Shame about the penalty but Mahrez will learn from that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.