Raheem Sterling - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really attempted to take Gomez on , so although he didnt bottle it , he could have shown more attacking intent , really not good enough if you think you are worth £250k a week and a major part of our sqaud then he has to start producing consistently in the big games , but you have got to laugh at those Dippers , we get accused about being small time for still complaining over this years coach attack , the Dippers hate and vitriol towards Raheem has been going on for 4 years , they know how to hold a grudge

I love Raheem as a player but I have a feeling that he'll never reach the world class level. He did OK yesterday but you could see that he was playing safe, was very cautious with the ball trying just not to mess up. Players like Hazard thrive on big occasions like yesterday but Raheem just went hiding.

Raheem just went hiding.
No he didn't, his defensive work was good but this season so far he's been arguably our most influential attacker playing anywhere except on the left wing. Pep surely knows this so I suspect he asked Sterling to sacrifice his attacking for more defensive work and once we'd more or less eliminated their attacking threats he brought on Sane to try and win the game and it would have worked perfectly but for the pen miss.

Raheem as any normal person likely will play more liberated and confident if he is surrounded more by a positive and stimmulating attitude. Someday i really hope the whole media shitstorm on Raz is going to end, and in the meantime i hope the lad can let is slide from him and have fun in his job. For the rest i think he has proven himself functional enough in our champion squad so far, i think some extra confidence might make him even better.

Raheem as any normal person likely will play more liberated and confident if he is surrounded more by a positive and stimmulating attitude. Someday i really hope the whole media shitstorm on Raz is going to end, and in the meantime i hope the lad can let is slide from him and have fun in his job. For the rest i think he has proven himself functional enough in our champion squad so far, i think some extra confidence might make him even better.
It already has stopped, nowt's been said about him since the World Cup

It wasn't a standout performance from him on Sunday but I don't think any of our forward players had a blistering performance as everyone played with a little bit more conservatism than usual and both teams defended pretty well. He put himself about though, worked as hard as ever and won the ball back a few times. Most important thing for me was that he didn't seem cowed by the atmosphere and we didn't see him kicked off the park while the referee turned a blind eye. He played his part as much as anybody in an accomplished disciplined performance where we brought a terrible run at Anfield under control and just about shaded the game. For me, I hope that goes some way to ending the tiresome debate in the run up to every game at Anfield as to whether we should field one of our best players or just let their whinging fans have it their own way.

Hands of Raheem.
It was a composed and tidy performance.
Below this seasons high standards.
A checkpoint has been reached though in his mental development.

Watch him this season. Its will get easier from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.