Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of talk lately about Barcelona focusing on de Ligt which could give us a better shot at de Jong.

As much as Barca fans may want him, they already have Coutinho, just signed Arthur and Vidal and re-signed Busquets and who knows when Rakatic will leave. It’s just realistically too crowded for them to use him. I think even he knows it because now he’s switched his stance to possibly staying at Ajax for 2-3 more years.

As much as Barca fans may want him, they already have Coutinho, just signed Arthur and Vidal and re-signed Busquets and who knows when Rakatic will leave. It’s just realistically too crowded for them to use him. I think even he knows it because now he’s switched his stance to possibly staying at Ajax for 2-3 more years.
I’d doubt he wants to be a big fish in a very small pond. He is at the very beginnings of the “superstar” phase of his career, and Ajax doesn’t cut it.

I think Barca fans want him because they actually recognize he is not the midfield profile of anyone you listed except 30 year old Busquets. 2 years plus with Pep and some still can't distinguish one midfielder with another

Vidal is already complaining about game time, imagine De jong was there as well, simply no room for all them.

I’d doubt he wants to be a big fish in a very small pond. He is at the very beginnings of the “superstar” phase of his career, and Ajax doesn’t cut it.

Vidal is already complaining about game time, imagine De jong was there as well, simply no room for all them.
Exactly! It just reminds me of Barca signing Malcom from under Roma when they already had Dembele and Malcolm is hardly playing. I promise Barca fans, it’s ok if you miss out on a talent on occasion, can’t sign everyone.

Would be a good thing to monitor the title race then. They are already 5 points back with PSV being perfect through 8 games. If they fall further back and are out of Champions League at that time, buying him but letting him finish out the season and get the full proper send off would be great.

It was reported recently that De Jong might announce where he would go in the winter break, though the inference was that he would not be going anywhere at that time. His reported distancing himself from Barcelona should be seen in the context of his being completely fed up answering questions about it, especially in a week when Ajax were exuberant after their performance in Munich and the feel-good factor was high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.