Bradford City

Hopkin seems to be a good manager; his record at Livingston speaks for itself, but Bradford are in such a mess, he really has his work cut out.

Doesn't seem that long since they were in the PL. As I recall that almost bankrupted them at the time. It's a shame to see a club like that in such a mess again
Bradford always seemed to me to be a well supported club (I lived near Halifax in the late 1980's).
Some club owners/directors don't seem to grasp what the football club means to the town. It seems to be happening at Carlisle too and appears as if it's being run as an ego trip for the Board. Small town club run by people with small town mentalities. Those days have long gone.
Thank God I watch my football at the Etihad.

Doesn't seem that long since they were in the PL. As I recall that almost bankrupted them at the time. It's a shame to see a club like that in such a mess again
Bradford always seemed to me to be a well supported club (I lived near Halifax in the late 1980's).
Some club owners/directors don't seem to grasp what the football club means to the town. It seems to be happening at Carlisle too and appears as if it's being run as an ego trip for the Board. Small town club run by people with small town mentalities. Those days have long gone.

Geoffrey Richmond, although no where near perfect, has been the best Chairman they've had.

I think they were relegated with us and Coventry (three Cities together) in 2000, and I think they’ve been in administration twice since then. It’s certainly at least once.

There is a very big injury list at the moment; 13 at one stage, though some are now back.

They are well-supported;one of the best in the third and fourth tiers.

Hopkin must now be allowed to get on with the job and backed in the transfer market in January if necessary.

I remember as a kid once watching Bradford Park Avenue playing Oldham at Boundary Park. I think it was the season they went out of the league. I have a mate in Bradford who was a PA fan as a lad but switched to Bradford City when PA went out of existence. He's been a season ticket holder at Valley Parade for years. I always thought that a bit odd, however when PA reformed he went watching both !

memories of Bradford City over the years..

1.the fire disaster,watching live footage of fans engulfed in flames. Shocking scenes

2.watching grainy footage on the 10pm news of Citys first away victory for years, Paul stewart running fron the half way line and smashing a low shot past the bradford keeper ..one of the few matches i missed that season
3.watching from their main stand as we went up ,last game of the season ,trevor morley late goal...sat in the same stand which had caught fire years eatlier...another promotion day
4.watching Shaun Goaters debut ..joe royle days..he looked a carthorse that day,City kept lumping long balls up to him...,bit like how utd play now.

1.the fire disaster,watching live footage of fans engulfed in flames. Shocking scenes

2.watching grainy footage on the 10pm news of Citys first away victory for years, Paul stewart running fron the half way line and smashing a low shot past the bradford keeper ..one of the few matches i missed that season
3.watching from their main stand as we went up ,last game of the season ,trevor morley late goal...sat in the same stand which had caught fire years eatlier...another promotion day
4.watching Shaun Goaters debut ..joe royle days..he looked a carthorse that day,City kept lumping long balls up to him...,bit like how utd play now.

Do you mean this one?

Do you mean this one?

Having been at most of the games in that shocking away run I thought about swerving that match but went in the end as it was a new ground for me - we hadn't played them competitively for a long time. Typical City, ending that run at a team who IIRC were top of the table at the time.

One of my favourites of Bradford was Stan Collymore overhead kick against dirty leeds. It shut up them Leeds fans for a few mins

Last edited:
One of my favourites of Bradford was Stan Collymore overhead kick against dirty leeds. It shit up them Leeds fans for a few mins
I almost forgot that Stan the man played for Bradford! I know he is not a popular man on these boards now he has retired,..but he was one of the finest forward players ive ever seen,imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.