British lad and canadian lass arrested for graffiti in Thailand

I seem to remember a lad vandalising cars in Singapore (I think) , knowing how strict the laws are. His punishment was 4 lashes across his bare arse with a bamboo stick, 1 lash for each car.
He was a yank and their government tried to intervene to show clemency. I hope our government doesn’t follow suit with this Mersey moron. Everyone knows that some countries won’t put up with some of the shit that we do. Even people with a minor brain disorder and a poorly nan.

10 years seems a bit strong... BUT if that's the law then he should know better. There are reasons i do not go stumbling around Arabic countries pissed and stoned for example. Namely, i don't fancy risking a few years in the local jail.

Those strong laws are probably why his graffiti was the only bit on the wall; every other bugger is smart enough not to piss a large chunk of their life away for no apparent reason.

10 years seems a bit strong... BUT if that's the law then he should know better. There are reasons i do not go stumbling around Arabic countries pissed and stoned for example. Namely, i don't fancy risking a few years in the local jail.

Those strong laws are probably why his graffiti was the only bit on the wall; every other bugger is smart enough not to piss a large chunk of their life away for no apparent reason.

I'd rather hope that it's not just the laws that make most people think twice about defacing 800 year old historical city walls.

The fuck is wrong with people? You see this sort of shit all the time, western tourists going to historical/sacred sights in the East and doing fucking stupid shit like taking naked pictures, stealing bits or defacing walls. They must think we're fucking savages

Would hope having respect for historical monuments is the main reason.

I found the reaction of the media and some people trying to justify any wronging by Brits outside Britain funny. This time "he suffers minor brain condition". There are countless of similar incidents in the Middle East, specifically Dubai where Brits commit crimes such as having sex on the beach, drunk driving, trash talking law officers...etc. but the media propaganda tries to spin the facts and blames it on the countries rules & laws!

Unfortunately the officials in Dubai are too nice and released most of those people despite their wrong doings to try and stop the media propaganda ruining the city's image. Now they are trying the same with Thailand!

Respect should be a given, "should be" being the depressing (in context) operative phrase here. I suppose i should have noted it considering the society we generally live in these days, which is saddening in it's self.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.