Happy 6-1 day!

jimharri

CS12696326.png

That is all. Carry on.

Did City ever win 6-1 at the Swamp? Goodness me. We need more detail about something like that...

We keep going on about this result, we sing about it, we talk about it, we post threads about it, should we not drop it...…………
………………………
……………………..
Should we F**k as like drop it, long may it live. It wasn't just the result it was a time when in the league city / united topped the table and the whole world watched this game with most expecting the rags to show they where the top team. But what a display from those players and the rest to follow is history being made.

This one is slightly bittersweet for me in one way. A very good United supporting friend and myself always had a meal on the outcome of the derby matches, the loser (or home side for the draw) paying for it on the result. Naturally for much of the earlier years of the friendship it was me coughing up, though it had changed for a few years previously.

Mark died suddenly a few months before, and as I watched the goals fly in with mounting disbelief and joy, his widow (non football fan) texted me saying Mark would be thrilled at having got away with not having to pay for this one.

Ah well. Life eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.