Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

BlueDejong

Nicolas Sarkozy and the gift to Manchester City
NOVEMBER 2, 2018 BY YANN PHILIPPIN

Despite a record financial doping by its shareholder in Abu Dhabi, the British club was only slightly sanctioned by UEFA, thanks to the indulgence of its former secretary general, Gianni Infantino, with the help a special advisor named Nicolas Sarkozy.

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...antino-manchester-city-und-psg-a-1235983.html

Cash injections past all rules

The SPIEGEL and the EIC also minutely track down how Infantino, as Secretary General of the UFO, cheated on his own association's investigators to join the Sheikh Manchester City (ManCity) and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) sides.

The two clubs are blatantly controlled by authoritarian governments of stone-rich Gulf states. Records from the Football Leaks data collection prove on several thousand pages,

how ManCity and PSG have systematically broken Uefa's financial fair play rules for years,
that Infantino, as Secretary General of the Uefa, gave in to the overwhelming force of Abu Dhabi and Qatar, leaving Manchester and Paris virtually undisturbed,
that the Uefa did not punish them and did not exclude the two clubs from the Champions League, as they did with smaller clubs,
that he - actually committed to strict neutrality - met for secret talks with the club bosses from Paris and Manchester,
that he gave information to the associations and opened the way for "settlements", which he was not allowed to do
that he was systematically behind his own Uefa checkers.

shit

What they going to do ban us from Europe? So fuckin what, we wasn't in Europe for 20 odd years , like I give a shite.
Fine us? Name your price.
So you're telling me that after years and years of the champions league that it's only us and PSG who have been naughty?
Yeah ok then, sounds legit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.