Southampton (H) Post Match Thread

Let’s have it right the football played by us today was sumptuous, Southampton actually posed us more problems than the Dippers but we had gears to go through if needed, Soriano should be hauling Raz into the signing seat as we speak the lad is 24 and ripping the shit out of every team he plays against my MoM followed by Sergio and Sane.

As an aside Mendy just needs to start doing the simple things rather than being cute but I am cutting the lad some slack, let’s give the kid some time

What a brilliant game, we certainly get our money's worth. The first half an hour was sensational, looked a but iffy at the back at times but we were class. Sterling was the best player on the park by some distance. Even the Silva touch thing at half time was entertaining, great day!

Looks like this is the season where Sterling goes from 'good, and sometimes great' to 'great, and sometimes world class'. Can't wait to see where he goes from here: sky is the limit. He was outstanding today.

I guess some BlueMooners feel the need to add criticisms to their match "reports" tp avoid being accused of being "Happy Clappers" wearing Sky Blue spectacles.

We are (joint) top of the PL, have just won 6-1 and as far as I am concerned, that will more than do for me.

It is a team game... we win as a team...

We are watching a brilliant team.

I am so, so happy with ALL our players.

JJ
We're top by 2 clear points & +10 GD bud :)

if fans are looking to find holes in a home 6.1 win then we are fucked ?? truly don't understand what we want and what we need to make everybody happy ????

people are making to much about pep on the touch line being not happy with some players ?? well am saying now its a bluff and maybe its just pep wanting to get in the game and needs to be seen to be doing something ??? would not like to play pep at cards with his poker face hahaha, YES we can get even better and YES we missed a hat full of chances but that's football, but boy watching this manchester city team is a joy to behold and scary for everybody else

Excellent display but Mendys performance was full of errors and rashness yet again.
Could Delph be a better option?

Wow what a performance. There were some absolutely sublime passages of play. Football so beautiful it brings a smile to your face.

Weird game as I thought we were as poor defensively as we have been all season, plus a bit wasteful with our final ball, yet we still won 6-1 and really could easily have hit double figures and it wouldn't have flattered us at all. We are fucking terrifying, we just keep teams penned in, nicking the ball back off them and flying straight back at them.

We had a directness today that we sometimes lack a bit, possibly due to Southampton being a shambles and leaving spaces between the lines all game, but I think we generally look so much better from that perspective with Sterlng and Sane on the wings. They push teams back and the two Silva's just wander into the spaces and then look to thread balls through. It's great to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.