One for the plane geeks

Mayor West

private-fs-28-avispad-ekfsflugplatzfest-karlsruhe-forchheim180910--24892.jpg

Something very similar to this (in shape more than anything) flew over the midlands yesterday, it was very loud and very fast, had high pitched whine to it. Very curious to know what it was as it's so different to anything I've ever seen? Pretty certain it can't be the one in the picture, that looks more like a glider!

Probably a De Haviland Vampire if it was a jet with the whine from the Goblin engine

Think you've got it bang on there! Just watched a YouTube video of it, must be it. Thought it was a very modern thing but turns out it was from 1946!?!

Akaflieg Stutgartt Wasp, only one ever built by the Stutgartt university, has a ducted pusher prop which produces the distinctive whining noise ( think angry Kop ) :)

Late again :(

And the prop isnt ducted.... fail big time.
However, yesterday for the first time i saw a flock of parakeets in the Urmston area funnily enough they flew fast and made a whining noise

Last edited:
Akaflieg Stutgartt Wasp, only one ever built by the Stutgartt university, has a ducted pusher prop which produces the distinctive whining noise ( think angry Kop ) :)

Late again :(
I don't think it was that, but I honestly can't say for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.