Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

The G14 are against the CWC because qualification is based on recent performance not istree?
No. Because the sponsors/organizers/beneficiaries are different.

These competitions are similar (or will become similar with the CWC growth) and can't exist together, it's either one or another. Both are making claim to become the main club competition, eventually replacing the CL.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. This is UEFA and FIFA versus G14 and we are in the middle?

Talk about a rock and a hard place.

Who remembers the interview Platini had with Martin Samuel re FFP?

Q. Why would you do this?

A. Bayern told me I had to

Cartel. EU law. Very bad.

Bucket of worms.

City need to find a way to put Bayern back in their box and fight back. It's not like there isn't the ammunition.

So let me get this straight. This is UEFA and FIFA versus G14 and we are in the middle?

Bucket of worms.
It's even more complex, as Ceferin (UEFA) seems to support G14 (UEFA would lose CL/Superleague profits after CWC creation).

It's even more complex, as Ceferin (UEFA) seems to support G14 (UEFA would lose CL/Superleague profits after CWC creation).

I can sort of see why UEFA would want to protect the CL but if the CWC is every 4 years then there could be room for both.

Bucket of worms.

City need to find a way to put Bayern back in their box and fight back. It's not like there isn't the ammunition.

That would be great but it isnt just bayern, this is the likes of bayern, juve, united, arsenal ac milan plus others. Rummenigge is the orchestrator though

We have potentially backed the Fifa CWC idea, links mentioned above in previous posts to the tune of £25bn in order to create it

I can sort of see why UEFA would want to protect the CL but if the CWC is every 4 years then there could be room for both.
As I assume, the one-in-4-years CWC is a way to create the tournament as soon as possible, without interfering with the CL. After initial period, FIFA would propose a CL-like competition and invite all clubs to take part on a very attractive terms (even in its 1st year the clubs are going to earn more in a month than in CL in a year!). It would mean the death of CL.

And take a note that it's going to be a planetary competition (imagine if SA clubs start to earn CWC money! Revolution!)

Last edited:
Probably G14 wants a new format of CL with much more different way of qualification so they basically could invite teams or exclude teams like City or PSG.

I mean even that small change recently that made Uefa change the prize money being paid out differently based on historical CL success is a sign of this.

"A new ranking has been introduced on the basis of performances over a ten-year period. In addition to coefficient points accumulated during this period, this ranking includes bonus points for winning the UEFA Champions League/European Champion Clubs' Cup, the UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup and the Cup Winners' Cup. On the basis of these parameters, a ranking has been established and the total amount of €585.05m has been divided into 'coefficient shares', with each share worth €1.108m. The lowest-ranked team will receive one share (€1.108m). One share will be added to every rank and so the highest-ranked team will receive 32 shares (€35.46m)."

We are ranked in the middle of the 32 group stage clubs 15th place with PSG 11th.

United in top5 obviously because of the 10 year calculation even tho they have worse CL record last 5 seasons than us.

If it would be up to the cartel all the CL prize money would be paid out based on this list and not a more fair system.

Someone like Hoffeinheim doing the magic and winning CL this year would earn them maybe 20 -30 million less than doing the same last season because that havent been in EL or CL last 10 seasons and didnt manage to win big European titles 5-10-20-40-60 years ago.
Fair play my arse...

There is no one in media shouting about this tho.

Basically if Real Madrid would lose 6 group games and out of CL quickly in December they are still top of this list and raking in extra 35m euros for it on top of other payments.
If Hoffenheim would do 6/6 wins and reach the final they would be around still last in this particular ranking meaning 1.108m €.

Luckily only 585m is shared based on this not all the money which will be about 1900m shared for the 32 teams left.

This change is certainly happened in uefa after big press from the cartel clubs. Why else?

It shows that smaller clubs have no voice in media we only hear if the cartel clubs want something or dont want something.

Also the change that 4th place of top leagues automatic CL group place instead of playing qualification game in August...

This new boss Ceferin is even more easily does what the cartel wants than Platini imo.

The big plan is to turn Uefa against us and PSG while discrediting Infantino and Fifa with their new megabillion plan of Club world cup and take control of Uefa and come up with a new Super League without us and PSG.

I am sure big CL sponsors already being talked to in secret meetings with Bayern, United etc. bosses about all this. Wish we could hack those and play it out front of media.

Bucket of worms.

This one?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...FULL-transcript-interview-UEFA-president.html

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.