Mendy undergoes knee surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree he’s not been on top form this season but he’s still played most of the games in our strongest defensive performance in the premier league to this point. Can’t recall any of his errors leading to anything either.

His positioning for Newcastle's goal was awful.

We will be just fine, definitely suit Sane playing with Delph.

Zinchenko won't be sold on in January now unless we are thinking of back up for Mendy?

Not writing Benji or Delph off but both are made of glass.

Love to see young Tierney from Celtic or Chillwell from Liecester anyone?

He doesn’t seem to concerned as he has just tweeted the following

Other knee was jealous but the operation went well and its all good now be back soon guys u just have to found another FPL captain for some games ✌

Possibly more by luck than design?

His performances at Wolves and Spurs gave me sleepless nights.

He's not a defender, just like Micah wasn't. Benji is just a upgraded runaway sideboard when he gets going with the perfect delivery of Amazon.

Hope he recovers quickly because he really needs a proper assessment.

Two bad games but mostly good ones for a player coming back from an extremely serious injury.

And one of those games was a game where all 4 full backs on show were absolutely awful and likely linked to an NFL ravaged pitch.

Gutted but think we need to start sourcing a replacement the lad is always bloody injured.

Unlucky for him. Unlucky for us too. Some are being a bit harsh on the lad, and despite popular consensus if Delph really was better for the team then he'd probably have been playing more.

To be clear though, I am nonetheless extremely content with Delph, Zinchenko or possibly even Danilo stepping into the role.

Let’s just wait for an update from City before making wild assumptions like that

Its an assumption but i wouldnt class it as wild. By bad I don't necessarily mean another season ending injury just something more substantial than very minor surgery like what Sergio had last season for more of a minor irratation than anything else.

The prophet of doom has spoken

Aguero has just come back from knee surgery and looks a different player

We "scraped by" last season with Delph, Zinchenko and Danilo all stepping up and performing. We have plenty of cover
Mendy will be back just after Christmas

"The prophet of doom" that said the team will be absolutely fine whilst he's out?

How many games has he played versus the number of games he has missed through injury.

Looks to me like he may be one of those players who just can not keep fit for long enough to avoid the need for sourcing a replacement.

We really should go for a LB in January, the CL is wide open we’re the favourites as things stand. We’ll be fine in the PL imo but it’s a big blow losing Mendy he has some nice passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.