Manchester Christmas Markets

This is one of the Lorries used as a makeshift kitchen prep area,if that was a kitchen in the central of town it would be closed down .
c7cf799196656477c824376bccfd6a08.jpg
617d7633be4bc5bb192343d85f90f576.jpg

You haven't been in some of the kitchens I have in bars in town, looks like they are using it to chop onions for frying on the stall, as long as its not being mixed with high risk foods and isn't being sold uncooked they will get away with that

More annoyng is the brand they are using is bookers own brand and cheap to buy so they could charge half what they are and still make a tidy profit from food sales

You haven't been in some of the kitchens I have in bars in town, looks like they are using it to chop onions for frying on the stall, as long as its not being mixed with high risk foods and isn't being sold uncooked they will get away with that

More annoyng is the brand they are using is bookers own brand and cheap to buy so they could charge half what they are and still make a tidy profit from food sales
At least they are use a green chopping board

Wife had an argument with a stall owner last year. She wanted to buy some stollen cake It was going to cost nearly £10 as apperently this stall only sold the higest quality products from local suppliers in Germany etc.

Luckly I noticed as she picked it up the packaging had a label for edeka (another German supermarket like lidl). The wife who is fluent in German went into full rant mode. The woman didn't stand a chance we ended up coming away with stollen and buscuitz for the kids for free just so She could get rid of us. Going back this year in disguise and try it again.

Wife had an argument with a stall owner last year. She wanted to buy some stollen cake It was going to cost nearly £10 as apperently this stall only sold the higest quality products from local suppliers in Germany etc.

Luckly I noticed as she picked it up the packaging had a label for edeka (another German supermarket like lidl). The wife who is fluent in German went into full rant mode. The woman didn't stand a chance we ended up coming away with stollen and buscuitz for the kids for free just so She could get rid of us. Going back this year in disguise and try it again.
She should’ve just stollen it..

The poor market trader is just trying to make a living and you want to pull the same stunt twice?

Pair of conning cunts.

So what you’re saying is they aren’t contravening any food prep standards. They aren’t ‘getting away’ with anything, they are simply operating within the rules.

As for being able to charge half of what they do and still make a profit. That argument could be used in many situations. If ppl are willing to pay it, they will charge it. They aren’t running a charity

I'd like to see a traditional British market in Manchester never mind a German one, Germany is a wonderful place but they flash a sausage at us and a bit of gluhwein and we go weak at the knees.

Cue Downfall parody....

I'd like to see a traditional British market in Manchester never mind a German one, Germany is a wonderful place but they flash a sausage at us and a bit of gluhwein and we go weak at the knees.

Ah yes some traditional english festive fayre, donner meat and chips, a bacardi breezer and a bag of spice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.