Sim only vs. Contract

I’ve got a new I phone so didn’t need a phone. Got all you can eat data, mins, texts, £17 a month no extra charge abroad

I went SIM only on an iPhone6 for a tenner a month. The phone's performance has been good and it's the first phone I've had that did not suddenly stop performing after 24 months and the phone is still very good. Apple were doing a deal to change batteries for £25 ill the end of the year. Give them a call and see if it's still on.

As for IOS v Android I use Samsung Android for work and it's fine, not a lot to choose in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really get the insistence that SIM only or contract is better, it depends entirely on the deal. Plus a lot of people can't lay their hands on £500 to buy one up front so effectively spreading payments is appealing, same as any other purchase that might cost more overall, but is easier to bear.

As ever, just look at the deal available.

Save £5 a week over your 2 year contract by the end of it you’ll have the money.

Seems in today’s society the majority of people don’t know how to save for future buys.

Save £5 a week over your 2 year contract by the end of it you’ll have the money.

Seems in today’s society the majority of people don’t know how to save for future buys.

Or maybe they work out that the money they have would serve better in an ISA while they pay a contract that is lower over lifetime cost than purchasing outright and removing that money from their account.

Amazing isn't it? You can financially plan in all these different ways, and sometimes people aren't being reckless.

Or maybe they work out that the money they have would serve better in an ISA while they pay a contract that is lower over lifetime cost than purchasing outright and removing that money from their account.

Amazing isn't it? You can financially plan in all these different ways, and sometimes people aren't being reckless.

That’s a very fair comment.

I got my daughter a sim only contract £13 a month, 8Gb unlimited texts 500 minutes, you can also use it abroad.

That's what I'll be getting once my £40+ contract expires next month.

I say £40+ as I've been paying £4.50 a month to a 6045 text number that I keep getting sent to me each month that I didn't sign up too, sly bastards those spam text companies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.