Mangala joins Valencia on a Permanent deal

When he goes I won't wish him ill but I don't think he will do well at another top club. He has wasted his time here.

Moves sometimes don't work out. It happens. He hasn't gone on strike, he hasn't mouthed off in the press, he's just quietly got on with things and behaved properly. His contract will expire and he'll move on. The idea that he's a mercenary for keeping to the terms of the contract City gave him is ridiculous.

Moves sometimes don't work out. It happens. He hasn't gone on strike, he hasn't mouthed off in the press, he's just quietly got on with things and behaved properly. His contract will expire and he'll move on. The idea that he's a mercenary for keeping to the terms of the contract City gave him is ridiculous.
well said.

Agree - There is not a single poster on this forum who would not do the same or jump at the chance to be able to do the same. Footballers only ever sign 3 or 4 big deals in their careers - what is he supposed to do, move clubs while injured and drop his wages voluntarily?

Agree - There is not a single poster on this forum who would not do the same or jump at the chance to be able to do the same. Footballers only ever sign 3 or 4 big deals in their careers - what is he supposed to do, move clubs while injured and drop his wages voluntarily?

He did have the chance to move to Palace when he was fit, play regular football and be on the same wages and get us £23 million in the process. Instead he tried to force a move to Inter who wanted to pay us nothing. Now that’s up to him but I don’t see the difference between what Danny Mills and Milner did other than Manga is more smiley than Mills and contributed less than Milner.

I think most players realising they had not made the grade at one club would choose to rebuild their career elsewhere rather than run their contract down to get every last penny and never play.

If he goes in January for a decent transfer fee and makes a success of what remains of his career then perhaps I’m wrong.

Last edited:
He did have the chance to move to Palace when he was fit, play regular football and be on the same wages and get us £23 million in the process. Instead he tried to force a move to Inter who wanted to pay us nothing. Now that’s up to him but I don’t see the difference between what Danny Mills and Milner did other than Manga is more smiley than Mills and contributed less than Milner.

I think most players realising they had not made the grade at one club would choose to rebuild their career elsewhere rather than run their contract down to get every last penny and never play.

If he goes in January for a decent transfer fee and makes a success of what remains of his career then perhaps I’m wrong.

To be honest - we don't really know what was offered by Palace or Inter to the club or the player. I think Mangala is an intelligent and decent guy - I think he would have made a careful and considered decision in the interest's of his career (I would not say the same about all footballers). We will never really know what options he had so I won't jump in and slag him off.

He has no responsibility at all to get City a fee. If he didn't want to go to Palace, that's up to him. Milner didn't do a thing wrong in running down his contract either, the only issue I have with him is his statements afterwards.

He has no responsibility at all to get City a fee. If he didn't want to go to Palace, that's up to him. Milner didn't do a thing wrong in running down his contract either, the only issue I have with him is his statements afterwards.

Yeah I’m not in favour of players running their contracts all the way down and depriving the selling club of a fee in order to get more for themselves. If they are at the end of their career that’s different.

I think City were great with Milner but he pretended he would negotiate with City right till the end when Liverpool had long had an agreement that if he ran it down and there was no fee to be paid to City then Milner would get a big signing on fee. If every player did that it would be far from ideal. It’s a tactic that Bayern in particularly go in for and they call it “respecting a players contract” and they continually rip off clubs like Dortmund with it.

Imagine if we had told Sterling to do the same...the uproar!

What players say is less important to me than what they do. Tevez was no City fan but I loved how hard he worked. But at least you are applying your personal preferences fairly when applying them to different players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.