2018, Albums of the Year?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
D D

Deleted member 77198

Not many albums left to come out in 2018 now, so, what have been your favourites to come out this year?

(let us know the genre or even some more in depth info on them n'all if you can)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, mine is:

gXd1Wse7_400x400.jpg

The Fernweh "The Fernweh"

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=125947

Recorded in seclusion on the North Yorkshire coast and transporting listeners on musical journey. Three friends, Jamie Backhouse (guitars), Ned Crowther (vocals and guitar) and Oz Murphy (keys/saxophone) gathered to make the album they always knew they could make, based on a pure and profound love for a golden era for British and US folk rock. Wringing every last drop of their combined experience into a cup that overflows with melody, song craft and deeply evocative imagery of a quintessentially British era of ‘mainstream psychedelia’, they are joined by Maja Agnevik (vocals/flute) and Phil Murphy (drummer).

Melodies and stories inspired by distinctly British, coal-fired version of 60s/70s psychedelia. Layered vocal harmonies, gentle, steam-train percussion and strokes of piano, acoustic guitars and subtle string arrangements are a feature of this sublime and compelling debut. A return journey into Britain’s explosively creative, post-war period. Arriving back in 2018, the band uses such deeply evocative influences to deliver an irrepressible psych-pop-folk non-genre record.

STAFF COMMENTS
Andy says: No surprise this is released on The Coral's Skeleton Key label as this is a beautiful evocation of hazy Scouseadelia: early 70's UK folk and gentle psyche combined to glorious, otherworldly effect. Lovely stuff.

TRACK LISTING
1. The Liar
2. Next Time Around
3. Timepiece
4. Brightening In The West
5. Hand Me Down
6. Dressing Up Box
7. Is This Man Bothering You?
8. Winterlude
9. A Leaf Didn't Move
10. Where Did The Sea Go
11. One Hundred Flowers Bloom
12. New Brighton Sigh
13. Little Monsters
14. Afternoon Nap

Blancmange's Wanderlust which is electronic music paired with quirky lyrics at its finest.

Or Jeff Goldblum's jazz album. Lovely to put on a relax to.

Or Joe Bonamassa doing rock blues the only way he knows with Redemption.

Last edited:
This thread made me realise that I haven't listened to a single new album this year. I must be getting old. So I'm listening to Father John Misty's album to make up for it. So far, it's the best one this year.

Oh, mine is:

gXd1Wse7_400x400.jpg

The Fernweh "The Fernweh"

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/counter/product.php?pid=125947

Recorded in seclusion on the North Yorkshire coast and transporting listeners on musical journey. Three friends, Jamie Backhouse (guitars), Ned Crowther (vocals and guitar) and Oz Murphy (keys/saxophone) gathered to make the album they always knew they could make, based on a pure and profound love for a golden era for British and US folk rock. Wringing every last drop of their combined experience into a cup that overflows with melody, song craft and deeply evocative imagery of a quintessentially British era of ‘mainstream psychedelia’, they are joined by Maja Agnevik (vocals/flute) and Phil Murphy (drummer).

Melodies and stories inspired by distinctly British, coal-fired version of 60s/70s psychedelia. Layered vocal harmonies, gentle, steam-train percussion and strokes of piano, acoustic guitars and subtle string arrangements are a feature of this sublime and compelling debut. A return journey into Britain’s explosively creative, post-war period. Arriving back in 2018, the band uses such deeply evocative influences to deliver an irrepressible psych-pop-folk non-genre record.

STAFF COMMENTS
Andy says: No surprise this is released on The Coral's Skeleton Key label as this is a beautiful evocation of hazy Scouseadelia: early 70's UK folk and gentle psyche combined to glorious, otherworldly effect. Lovely stuff.

TRACK LISTING
1. The Liar
2. Next Time Around
3. Timepiece
4. Brightening In The West
5. Hand Me Down
6. Dressing Up Box
7. Is This Man Bothering You?
8. Winterlude
9. A Leaf Didn't Move
10. Where Did The Sea Go
11. One Hundred Flowers Bloom
12. New Brighton Sigh
13. Little Monsters
14. Afternoon Nap

Must admit, 2018 has passed me by a bit on the new music front. Just given this a listen though and it is fucking ace, right up my street.

Thanks for posting!

Must admit, 2018 has passed me by a bit on the new music front. Just given this a listen though and it is fucking ace, right up my street.

Thanks for posting!
They’ve had snippets of tracks and tracks coming out through the year but the album only came out last Friday but it’s my album of the year straight away!

As you said, “right up my street” n’all! I love psych-folk-rock

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.