Hoffenheim (H) Post Match Thread

Was impressed with Gundo's performance, some of his passing was superb but i'm not sure the way he plays the pivot helps with the dynamic of the team. If Pep and the team can help him with positional awareness like Fernandinho has for covering the half spaces, knowing when to cover when your team mate has moved up, then i think we have a very viable solution there. His passing is better than Fernandinho's, i think he could control a game much like Basquets does for Barca, but he needs to develop into the positiion. Whether we have the time to allow him to develop is another thing.

No.

If you want to slate someone and then say you're not slating them I'll call you out on it.
It's like me saying I'm not being rude but fuck off.
Don't bother answering. I've made my point.
it was my opinion you gobby prick if you don't like opinions don't come on a thread for people who give them.

Great game, great result, top of the group.

Thought the front three of Sane, Jesus and Sterling all looked really sharp, held the ball up well and ran at the Hoffenheim defence constantly. All three had some really good moments of sublime footwork, but Sane stole the show. Foden's second half was one of the best 45 minutes from an 18-year-old I've ever seen - so comfortable on the ball, demanding possession all over the pitch, and if only that volley had been a foot either side of the goalie!

My only complaint really was the penalty. OK, it was a penalty, but what a soft lot of players Hoffenheim seemed to be, falling to the ground at every opportunity. And should we not have had a penalty for a push on Laporte? It would have been equally soft, for sure, but once again, it's a different rule for City

Thought Hoffenheim were quite good in the first half but tired visibly in the second, which for a German side surprised me a little. Our pressing and general tempo clearly exacted their toll, and that should bode well for the next round of games as well.

Stones is a confidence player and needs to play regularly. You don’t catch the dippers rotating their key defenders. Laporte and Stones need to play more regularly as we look more solid. Second half we got more of our mojo back. Phil is going to be some player.

You also don’t see Van Dijk at right back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.