Mourinho Sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame he's gone. He gave us so many good moments. Joking aside, it was a marriage heading for disaster from the start. Once we'd signed Pep the collective egos of the United board, Woodward and Maureen wouldn't let them not appoint him as the manager and him to accept. Giving him a contract extension was madness. I am sure they were hoping to last till next summer before they sacked him but results have been so poor and team spirit so low that they had no choice but to axe him now. United heading the same way after Ferguson the way they did after Busby stepped down. It took them over 20 years to recover properly from that so it could be 2036 before they get back to the summit again. Hopefully it will be much longer than that. Let's hope Poch stays home.

Reactions: dom
I re-read the rules.

I described it as wage-bill but the rules are wider than that, however they refer to Club's Player Services Cost. So as manager I don't think it can be included in their cost control calculation. I'll have to give this up.

See below

E.18. If in any of Contract Years 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19, the sum of a Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract Payments exceeds £67m, £74m or £81m, respectively, the relevant Club must elect to either: (a) be assessed by the Board on the ‘Prior Year Basis’ (in which case, Rule E.19 applies); or (b) be assessed by the Board on the ‘2012/13 Base Year Basis’ (in which case, Rule E.20 applies).
E.19. Where the Club has elected to be assessed on the ‘Prior Year Basis’, the Club must satisfy the Board of any of the following: E.19.1. that the sum of the Club’s Player Services Costs and Image Contract Payments has not increased by more than £7m when compared to the previous Contract Year; E.19.2. that the excess increase, over and above the £7m referred to at Rule E.19.1, arises as a result of contractual commitments entered into on or before 31 January 2013, and/or has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift as compared to the previous Contract Year and/or Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit; or E.19.3. that the excess increase, over and above the figures set out in Rule E.18, as applicable, has been funded only by Club Own Revenue Uplift and/or Averaged Three Year Player Trading Profit.
Makes sense. They're not going to bring in a rule that could leave a club unable to sack an underperforming manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.