Squad Strengthening In Not So Distant Future

Only “weak spot” (relatively) is Walker who isn’t great at making or executing correct attacking decisions.

Obvious again to me when watching England. Stones, Delph and Sterling look obvious Pep players these days. Walker could be from any team in the PL...except the club he actually plays for.

But I like him and he can defend and it’s a squad game, etc etc etc.
So true. Chillwell did look Pep-ish though.

Only “weak spot” (relatively) is Walker who isn’t great at making or executing correct attacking decisions.

Obvious again to me when watching England. Stones, Delph and Sterling look obvious Pep players these days. Walker could be from any team in the PL...except the club he actually plays for.

But I like him and he can defend and it’s a squad game, etc etc etc.
Sorry I have to disagree. Walker is a beast, by far the best right back in the league. I will admit he is prone to lapses of concentration but what he gives us in an attacking threat cannot be underestimated.

For me, we're currently weakest at striker and holding-mid. Jesus, although good, isn't quite good enough; and Fernandinho is nearing the end of his career.

Might we possibly tempt Mbappe? If we could possibly sign him (doubtful), I think that this would be the best possible improvement to our side.

For me, we're currently weakest at striker and holding-mid. Jesus, although good, isn't quite good enough; and Fernandinho is nearing the end of his career.

Might we possibly tempt Mbappe? If we could possibly sign him (doubtful), I think that this would be the best possible improvement to our side.

Jeez, they’re trying to ban us for transfer dealings from years ago, they’d have bloody kittens if we signed Mbappe. Lol

Over the next couple of years we have some ageing players that have been crucial for us whose contracts are up.

Contracts that end soon:
Kompany - 2019 (may retire and moved into a financial role)
Merlin - 2020 (back home to Spain to spend some much deserved family time)
Sterling - 2020 (may be sold before hand unless a new deal is signed)
Fernandinho - 2020 (may retire)
Gundogan - 2020 (wants to sign new deal apparently)
Delph - 2020 (not a clue)
Bravo - 2020 (not a clue)

We’re possibly looking at another rebuilding job if they all leave and we wouldn’t want to do that in one window I’d imagine with Brexit making foreign signings more difficult and FFP making a resurgence.

Replacements for Agüero and Silva being the most difficult IMO.

Thoughts? Who’d be your replacements?
Well Sterling signed Muric came in, fer Bravo anybody upset? we signed a new goalie that will be quality Merlins replacement is Bernardo . But there is still gaps at LB CB CDM and ST I believe we need at least one in January and with the exception of ST all are back ups so money is not an issue youth and potential are

We'll presumably sign players in the coming windows to plug the various gaps and improve in certain areas. The one notion I would like clarified, however, is that we need, or indeed that Guardiola favours, large, powerful fullbacks. The signings of Walker, Danilo, and Mendy suggest that we do have 'a type', as, too, did the summer sale of the smaller Maffeo and Angelino. Yet we were rumoured to be close to signing Alves at one point, so presumably size really isn't everything. Would be interested in hearing Guardiola's thoughts on this.

I assume Bravo and Zinchenko are out in the summer. If we bought back Gunn I think he counts as a club trained player.....? Am I right? Would he come back? If we got him in then we could sign 2 more players, Chillwell and De Jong/Ndombele

I assume Bravo and Zinchenko are out in the summer. If we bought back Gunn I think he counts as a club trained player.....? Am I right? Would he come back? If we got him in then we could sign 2 more players, Chillwell and De Jong/Ndombele
Why would we bring Gunn back? He left because he needs to play first team football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.