Need to sacrifice?

david whites spike

What is everyone’s opinion on the carabao cup??
Ok so it’s a great bonus day out at Wembley in February but my question is do we really need to start sacrificing this competition if we are to achieve what everybody wants....we are good enough for a champs league and prem double but surely this cup is hampering us....
December jan and Feb is the busiest time of year fixture wise so imagine if we’d have drawn spurs or Chelsea in the semis!!!
Time to sacrifice this cup for me to achieve our goals ...

For this season it's moot as it's one extra game for a trophy. Don't see the issue as long as we're using fringe and youth players only.

Already in semis and against a non-PL opponent so we need to take this seriously this year. But, I agree this should be the least of our priorities in the coming seasons.

Not in our ethos to downplay the League Cup, thankfully, and winning it last season was not detrimental to our league campaign, nor was it the reason we fell in the Champions League. Still hanker a photograph with all 4 domestic competitions on display before the team.

Not in our ethos to downplay the League Cup, thankfully, and winning it last season was not detrimental to our league campaign, nor was it the reason we fell in the Champions League. Still hanker a photograph with all 4 domestic competitions on display before the team.

We had plenty of points in the bank last season and a big gap. When it’s tight like this season it should take a back seat. However, the competition has opened up now so we need to have a go at it. Definitely carry on with youngsters though until final when it should be full strength or close

We had plenty of points in the bank last season and a big gap. When it’s tight like this season it should take a back seat. However, the competition has opened up now so we need to have a go at it. Definitely carry on with youngsters though until final when it should be full strength or close

We’ve been blessed in the semi-final draw for two seasons, so I agree with your idea.However, even if we draw a stronger team in an an earlier round and go out, we should persist with a blended side of youth and experience. Wouldn’t want a side consisting with 7-8 youngsters as that might suggest we were prioritizing.

It’s had its day as a comp only the top 6 teams have won it of late needs revamping with the teams competing in Europe excluded encourage the others to take it seriously with a one leg semi on neutral ground

For us we should just get out of it ASAP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.