Ultima Thule

Damocles

Administrator
After it left Pluto, the New Horizons satellite continued drifting off into the far reaches of the Solar System.

Luckily, NASA announced that they've found a dwarf planet that NH will pass by and take pictures of. The public chose Ultima Thule as its name.

Although full pictures aren't due until New Year's Day/2nd Jan, NH has now booted up in preparation of the flyby.

This is particularly interesting because it is the furthest away object that has ever been photographed by humanity, lying past Pluto and well into the Kuiper Belt.

Its about 3 years removed from Pluto now and travels at 36,000mph so math fans can work out that it's about 4 billion miles away.

It's travelled 4 billion miles?! I'm not having that. It's just another NASA hoax to fool dumb people. Any intelligent person knows it would have run out of petrol long before it got that far.

Last edited:
I love stuff like this, think I'll get along to Jodrell Bank for the millionth time this Christmas break.

I kept meaning to mention this in a thread somewhere but as I'm pretty inactive at the moment I never get the chance.

During my break, a experimental result happened which pretty much kills string theory and M theory as potential ideas on the structure of the Universe. Seems as though we live in a normal 3 spatial + 1 time dimension Universe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.