Pep - no signings coming in in January

I haven’t been overly impressed with the majority of Mahrez’s performances thus far but to label him as “average” is just plain wrong.

Does it help if I say average for us.

In any event good shit average it doesn’t matter as that’s not the point , the point was we didn’t need another winger. There were far more important priorities

Only players I can remember we loaned were Lampard and Marc Vivien Foe. Probably more but i can't think of any

Sorry I meant more recently. It wouldn't surprise me if Pep wasn't a fan of loans, as his style takes time.

Does it help if I say average for us.

In any event good shit average it doesn’t matter as that’s not the point , the point was we didn’t need another winger. There were far more important priorities
We did need an extra winger , but it doesnt matter Mahrez didnt come instead of a midfielder we were still trying to get Jorginho after Mahrez signed.

They identified their weaknesses and got their first choices to fill those spots.

City didn't (for the 3rd time after a title win). It was obvious an injury to Fernandinho would hinder us and predictably it's come back to bite us.

Why do we keep making this mistake? Once is understandable, but given how organised and well planned everything is at the club, and the calibre of those running the club, to fail three times to fully strengthen is ridiculous. We should have had another central midfielder lined up in case Jorginho didn't come, particularly as it's obvious we can't expect Fern to play about 60 games a season. Either that or pay whatever it took to make sure Jorginho didn't follow his old manager to Chelsea.

With injuries still happening yet again we didn’t learn from previous title wins! We didn’t push on and improve our important positions again! Not having another DM signing was unbelievably naive and over the Xmas period has cost us dearly. Trusting mendys and gundogan Fitness is also quite laughable to be honest. We need a LB at least in January to at least finish second and have a smash at the champions league imo

Why do we keep making this mistake? Once is understandable, but given how organised and well planned everything is at the club, and the calibre of those running the club, to fail three times to fully strengthen is ridiculous. We should have had another central midfielder lined up in case Jorginho didn't come, particularly as it's obvious we can't expect Fern to play about 60 games a season. Either that or pay whatever it took to make sure Jorginho didn't follow his old manager to Chelsea.

I bet behind the scenes that Pep won't be happy about it.

Possible but I suspect it’s more to do with the fact we’re using all our foreign & association trained slots (under UEFA rules) so anyone coming in either couldn't play in the CL or someone in the existing squad would have to make way for them.
Aren't Zinchenko and Mangala in the CL squad?

Aren't Zinchenko and Mangala in the CL squad?
Seems Mangala is (but Bravo isn't). Zinchenko I knew about. Muric came in to replace Bravo but he's on the B-List this season and next and he's club-trained after next season so he's a freebie.

So it's 17 foreign including Mangala & Zinchenko, plus Kompany, whose contract expires at the end of this season. We can register up to 3 new players before Feb 1st.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.