Pep - no signings coming in in January

We have our list, FDJ looks set on Barca (if they can get the funds) and Ndombele must be off limits till the summer and Pep just must feel there is no one else out there to go for.
Surely a loan signing of Robbie Savage would be better than present?

Sometimes a signing lifts the team . I have massive faith in pep and he will sort this out but to discount any signings In January is a major fuck up and it will backfire .

Madness.

Why try to sign in Summer and then not even try when the opportunity (and motive) is there for us to buy in January?

We desperately need another body in midfield.
The opportunity obviously isn't there, unless you've been told that one of our targets is up for sale next month? We're not going to buy just for the sake of it

Yep think weve hade it with no cover gonna drop more points.
Unless we have some financial restrictions that we as fans don’t know about, to not even try to strengthen when the need is so abundantly clear, is very disappointing and dare I say arrogant. In the sense that we are assuming that in summer our ‘primary’ targets will just agree to sign. We’ve had our fingers burnt before both by that assumption and by not strengthening sufficiently following a title win. I think we’ve underestimated the need to replace Yaya, and the Mendy transfer has been a disaster due to his inability to stay fit. It’s like having Santa Cruz for lb. Mahrez has underwhelmed as well and was never imo going to be better than Sterling or sane. Come on Pep have a word, you must be hurting as much as we are seeing those scouse twats threatening to out do everything achieved last season.

If no one is coming in why not give Sandler a chance? I remember when we signed him people suggested he could play DM.

Last edited:
With each passing day I understand the decision to splunk all that money on Mahrez less. He has not improved us and we did not need him. What we needed was a backup for/successor to Fernandinho. Absolute madness that we did not get one in the Summer when the writings were on the wall.

What we needed was a backup for/successor to Fernandinho. Absolute madness that we did not get one in the Summer when the writings were on the wall.
"Absolute madness", or simply circumstances ? We clearly went in for two, Jorghino, who knew his current manager was going to Chelsea, so understandably followed him there, and Fred, and nothing suggests we missed out there so far. So do you think we should have just brought someone in who we hadn't targetted ?

Same question for the new window in 3 days time, should we just bring someone in for the sake of it ?

We've brought in the young lad Claudio Gomes for a reason, but he's a little way off being ready to replace Fernandhino yet, so he's here to learn.

I expect we had hoped that Delph could fill in for now, but unfortunately he's been required elsewhere due to the fitness failure that has been Mendy, who has managed 18 appearances in 1 1/2 seasons, 1 of them a community shield game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.