Pep - no signings coming in in January

Joghinho did want Sarri and we can put as much down on the table as we like, he didn't want us. As for having a plan B, this is a very small pond we are trying to fish in, maybe it was decided purposefully to wait for a preferred target who might be attainable next season

i'm hoping Txiki has been working his bollocks off over the holiday and will present us with the next Makelele, whoever that might be, sometime in the next couple hours and he's match fit for Thursday!

We have a quality team built for the next 5-10 years and we have 3 problems. Fern replacement (expected) and LB (unexpected), striker in 18 months.
These 3 replacements will be young, fit the Pep model of play but will cost a fortune. They therefore need to be planned financially. I can’t see any short term fixes and rightly so.
We may or may not win the title, let’s see, but to right off this team as some are doing is beyond belief. All part of the learning curve for the younger players.
I do reckon if we lose title this year we will blitz the lot of them next.

We have a quality team built for the next 5-10 years and we have 3 problems. Fern replacement (expected) and LB (unexpected), striker in 18 months.
These 3 replacements will be young, fit the Pep model of play but will cost a fortune. They therefore need to be planned financially. I can’t see any short term fixes and rightly so.
We may or may not win the title, let’s see, but to right off this team as some are doing is beyond belief. All part of the learning curve for the younger players.
This is how the club are thinking, I've never been ITK , but spoke over Christmas to someone within the club and at the Christmas party Pep made a point of speakinng to everone and the overwhelming message was everyone is calm about this season and the planning is long term for Fernandinho's replacement. They knew we were short after Jorginho went south but weren't prepared to panic buy.
Peps attitude is if we are without him and lose then it's entirely on him and how he sets the team up, he's responsible for using what he has,not the player he puts in that position because he's well aware the players he puts there wont have the same skills Fernandinho has.
I was also told the whole club are on the same page as far as transfer policy is concerned, as I said everyone is calm.

Agree with most of this... except for the "will cost a fortune" remark.

Pep's signings have all been reasonably priced (given the market as a whole), as he doesn't (normally) pursue established, highly-in-demand players.

If we could possibly sign MBabbe - I think we'd be willing to "overspend" for him. Other than that - we'll likely sign extremely skilled, but not-yet-in-demand youngsters at bargain prices.

This is how the club are thinking, I've never been ITK , but spoke over Christmas to someone within the club and at the Christmas party Pep made a point of speakinng to everone and the overwhelming message was everyone is calm about this season and the planning is long term for Fernandinho's replacement. They knew we were short after Jorginho went south but weren't prepared to panic buy.
Peps attitude is if we are without him and lose then it's entirely on him and how he sets the team up, he's responsible for using what he has,not the player he puts in that position because he's well aware the players he puts there wont have the same skills Fernandinho has.
I was also told the whole club are on the same page as far as transfer policy is concerned, as I said everyone is calm.

I totally agree with that.

I do think we 'need' players this window, to make the best of this season, but if the 'right' players aren't available & we just sign players for short term, we are just doing what Utd have been doing.

We can't guarantee a win every season, the key is always to be involved & cash in when it works out.

I suppose every team has a Dinho. In that if that player gets injured the team will not win the PL. If Salah gets injured would Liverpool win it Spurs without Kane. What's a bit strange for us is that it is not Kun or KdB but a holding midfielder.

I suppose every team has a Dinho. In that if that player gets injured the team will not win the PL. If Salah gets injured would Liverpool win it Spurs without Kane. What's a bit strange for us is that it is not Kun or KdB but a holding midfielder.
Think its Van Dyke for liverpool.

Dinho is our Pivot, being more than a DM, the most important role in a Pep team. I would bet that Dinho is the player he referred to when he said he found one player to be much so much better than he expected before he arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.