Southampton (A) Post Match Thread

Solid performance other than our usual five minute wobble. Can anyone explain why no penalty given on Sterling and I thought had the ref sent off Austin for his lunge then the lunge made by Vinnie wouldnt have happened and neither would the lunge he ultimately sent their player off for. Poor performance by the ref. Would like to see Danilo in Ferny’s role next time he is injured. Better bet than Gundo or Stones

Are you sure about that ?

Yes. They weren't remotely contentious challenges- only Danilo seemed to engage in any 50/50 challenges- and our players simply moved aside to avoid being caught in any follow through. My point is in relation to Delph's challenge and red card the other day. The opponent, then, had his back to Delph so could not take any avoiding action. If a City player today had stood still he would have been similarly caught. FIne margins.

Sky interview with Southampton manager: At 1-1 do you think you should have had a penalty. Of course no mention of ours. Did they ask Klopp if he thought his players falling over should have been penalties?

I thought Pep seemed a bit subdued in his post-match interview. Nice words about Zinchenko though. Said he was man of the match after his mistake.

NBCSN gave motm to Sergio. Most on the match thread thought he was rubbish !

Fully deserved 3 points and normal service resumed. Dhino was everywhere and was immense in a MOTM performance.

Going forward in the first half we were back to our beautiful best albeit we were wasteful in front of goal. Great to see Merlin and Kun back amongst the goals.

Plenty to be encouraged by. Optimistic that with a little continuity in terms of personnel we can start to mount a challenge again.

Having said that, I see no reason why Liverpool won't re-extend their lead on Thursday. We still look prone to brain farts and poor finishing.

didn't laporte play left back against the dippers last year and struggled or am I imagining it,id put danilo lb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.