If You Had A Million Quid

Would you quit work ?
If so what would you do with your time ?

What would you buy ?
I presume you mean in cash? I'd invest it and put it towards the kids education and setting them up in their early careers/adult lives.

Yep.
Buy 8 houses and rent them out. That would bring in enough to live on for doing next to nothing.

without a shadow of a doubt, no idea what I'd do after I sobered up though

The majority of people that are in a position to have a million in cash/liquid assets will be shareholders of their own companies and entrepreneurs and I suspect that most would find it hard to give up work (unless in there 60's or older). It's the chase and not the arrival that these people thrive upon...

I would buy a mixture of different assets in different currency denominations and not just property

Depends how old you are really. In your 60's should set you up nicely.

If you were a teenager, it certainly wouldn't set you up for life, you could soon burn through it if you were foolish...look at lottery lout Michael Carroll.

Not saying it's not a lot of money though.

I think I would go and live on the Gold coast and go on seven cruises a year....:-)

Yes as I was planning to stop at 55 anyway (that happened in November).. I'd maybe take up golf again and enjoy my time travelling with Mrs. Lady

I'd also move to a nice detached house again as I regret moving to part of a barn which is a glorified terraced house because the neighbours (noise wise occasionally) get on my tits...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.