SAS Who dares wins

It isn't clear what altitude they are at, but if it is quite high, it could see a few of them off due to their bodies not being able to cope with the thin air. I suspect there is a lot of terrifying stuff to come! Fair play to them for giving it a go.

I'm sure they said they were 3000m above sea level

Always thought an obsesson with the SAS was a bit 'Partridge' and the McNabb books a little 'embellished', but as I've got older I've had a bit of a fascination with them.
One of my best mate's brother (as RAF Officer) sometimes sees them in Hereford - they now do Yoga as part of their training.
I'm sure a lot of it is myth making (starting with the Iranian Embassy siege) but there's no doubting they're tough as hell. I saw that Jason 'FOXY' Fox drugs doc recently...he's quite likeable too.
Actually...I know little about them tbf - anyone recommend a good book on them (as in well written, factual)?

As i understand it what most of this is; is pre-selection training. A lot of the real stuff they simply can't do for security reasons and/or nearly all of them would fail so you have no show.

Some mp type did it a few years back, a woman, and passed. So she was all "women should be allowed in" etc etc. It turns out she did this selection lite thing and even then needed the sort of help that would see you failed. By all accounts she was/is an action woman but that broke her. That is not me being sexist, it is just the hard reality of it. If they did the proper training the equality types would have a fucking heart attack watching the women drop like flies followed soon after by all the blokes. Very very very few would ever pass imo.

Some of the PT will be legit but a verbatim copy of selection, not sure you will get that.

Always thought an obsesson with the SAS was a bit 'Partridge' and the McNabb books a little 'embellished', but as I've got older I've had a bit of a fascination with them.
One of my best mate's brother (as RAF Officer) sometimes sees them in Hereford - they now do Yoga as part of their training.
I'm sure a lot of it is myth making (starting with the Iranian Embassy siege) but there's no doubting they're tough as hell. I saw that Jason 'FOXY' Fox drugs doc recently...he's quite likeable too.
Actually...I know little about them tbf - anyone recommend a good book on them (as in well written, factual)?
Soldier 1 mate, there are a few but that was good and stuck out to me. Soldier R if memory serves details the operation against the 3 IRA on Gibraltar.

My wife's mate is the female interrogator that comes in the last few episodes and was on all the other series. Short haired evil bugger if you watch it. She also does my lads DofE. She's the quietest, nicest woman you could meet in real life and says all the 'staff' are lovely, kind blokes! Must be bloody good actors lol. All genuine SAS though. She's told a few confidential secrets about the celebrity series later in the year. Can't say too much in case she get in trouble - because there must be loads of TV executives reading this lol - but all I'll say is Victoria Pembleton needing help to shit!!!!! It's a great show and one of the few things apart from footy, cricket, Dr Who (not at the moment though it's pc bullshit) and films I watch on TV anymore

My wife's mate is the female interrogator that comes in the last few episodes and was on all the other series. Short haired evil bugger if you watch it. She also does my lads DofE. She's the quietest, nicest woman you could meet in real life and says all the 'staff' are lovely, kind blokes! Must be bloody good actors lol. All genuine SAS though. She's told a few confidential secrets about the celebrity series later in the year. Can't say too much in case she get in trouble - because there must be loads of TV executives reading this lol - but all I'll say is Victoria Pembleton needing help to shit!!!!! It's a great show and one of the few things apart from footy, cricket, Dr Who (not at the moment though it's pc bullshit) and films I watch on TV anymore
I am trying really hard to not reel of a load of questions now, Victoria Pendleton pinching one off. Some fellas in here are reaching for the kleenex reading that, the dirty buggers hehehe.

I am trying really hard to not reel of a load of questions now, Victoria Pendleton pinching one off. Some fellas in here are reaching for the kleenex reading that, the dirty buggers hehehe.
Haha. I thought I'd leave that one with you

....and needing help with it may I add

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.