Film extras ... anyone done any work ?

I was an extra in the TV series "The Outsiders" which was based on the film with Tom Cruise.
Me & my mates did not realise at the time that 2 of the stars in the series were Leonardo DiCaprio & Billy Bob Thornton before they were famous. Only shown in the states so have never seen it. We are in episode 9 called Carnival. You would be able to spot me as I wore the City away top at the time, the purple & white stripe one, and was in the front row at the boxing match. God knows how the director was going to sell a City fan showing up in 1950s Nebraska or Oklahoma or wherever it was set.

I was in an episode of A Very Peculiar Practice in the mid/late 80's, as they were always filming on the Birmingham Uni campus. Got a fiver and a nice lunch, from memory.

A friend does a lot of extra work and gets the odd small speaking part. She's made a career out of it, and makes reasonable money. Most recently she was in The Bodyguard. She does a lot of ads as well. It helps to live in London.

Our daughter has been picked for an extra in Emmerdale,which is to be shown within the next 2/3 weeks.
She travels to Leeds this coming Friday for filming and gets £100 per day.
Not a bad wage if you can get regular work.
Anyone else appeared as an extra ?

I have driven cars in a few tv shows. Nothing flash and only been on TV fleetingly a couple of times. Had a days filming with Ruth Wilson for a film called black river and at the start when she drives down the road i am lay in the back as I had to keep returning the car to it's starting marks for retakes.

The food is fantastic, you all eat the same as everyone on set. I was paid a day rate (only helping out a pal) and you can be on set anything from 5mins ( I have turned up before and been sent straight home) to 23 hours. The rate stays the same.

When we played spurs in the cup and we got on the pitch chased by coppers everywhere. Does that count even in the papers next day so doubly famous:)

Someone on here must have been in the crowd at Jimmy Grimble's cup final.
I was going to go with my daughters, then aged 8 and 6 but on the day it was too nippy for them to be hanging around all day so didn't go, which I regret. My mate Garry is on it, he buys a programme from the blind feller

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.