Brahim Diaz (signed for Real)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find comments like this strange, of course it worked out for him here.

He came here as a kid, and he's grown up, learned his trade, been educated by our club, he's now got his dream move to Real Madrid, it has definitely worked out for him here, what it hasn't done is worked out for City, but that is down to the fact we have better players ahead of him.

The very best of luck to him, and I'm glad he's enjoyed being at our club, our fans, and growing up in Manchester.
It's a shame because I would've liked to see him play for us more, because I like him quite a bit as a player and he has a ton of potential. Thought the subtext was pretty obvious there.

Some of us i think keep a romantic notion about academy and youth players coming through. The reality is very very few will because we can't afford any slips this may create. We are in a better position than most other top teams though as our depth in quality throughout the squad is very high in general. This enables us to carry a young lad whilst he gets in sync with playing at the highest level. When i say very very few, i should elaborate and say in a short space of time.

Some players who come through will be like finding a diamond the size of an apple. The position will be weak due to retirement etc leaving just one player who knows the position well. Nobody will be available at a reasonable fee then comes along a youngster from the academy who shows real promise and kicks on. That is what we should limit ourselves to imo in order to avoid disappointment. The rest will get a fine football and academic education whilst we get a nice fee and clauses that are beneficial to us and could come in handy in the future.

Some of us i think keep a romantic notion about academy and youth players coming through. The reality is very very few will because we can't afford any slips this may create. We are in a better position than most other top teams though as our depth in quality throughout the squad is very high in general. This enables us to carry a young lad whilst he gets in sync with playing at the highest level. When i say very very few, i should elaborate and say in a short space of time.

Some players who come through will be like finding a diamond the size of an apple. The position will be weak due to retirement etc leaving just one player who knows the position well. Nobody will be available at a reasonable fee then comes along a youngster from the academy who shows real promise and kicks on. That is what we should limit ourselves to imo in order to avoid disappointment. The rest will get a fine football and academic education whilst we get a nice fee and clauses that are beneficial to us and could come in handy in the future.

How many players came through the academy in the past 10 years and become valuable squad members ?

Brahim needs replacing, doesn't he? If he was staying, i assume he would have played against Rochdale the other night and we would have rested Sterling. Maybe we could recall Roberts, but i can't see him ever making it at City (even if there is a possibility of a recall in his contract)

Good shout but he wasn't even on the bench the other night..
That's at least partly mitigated by the fact that he's injured but there were other players not on the bench so I'm not sure what your point would have been even if he was fit enough to play.

PEP With four competitions, everyone is involved and we play games every three/four days, we need everybody. I don’t want players who don’t want to be here. If the guys are not happy... if you want to stay here it’s because you want to stay here.

PEP David Silva went on loan to other clubs before he came here. Some (young) players have patience and trust the club, some don’t. There are many clubs in the world, not just Man City. (The player), their families, agents decide what’s best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.