Deux nuits avec Aymeric Laporte

All he has to do is give me a bell & I'll take him for a pint etc.

Seriously, I'm sure the club make sure he's not rocking in his room with nowhere/nothing to occupy his time.

Bloody hell.... I'm sure he'd bite your hand off at the chance to pop to Spoons and a trip to William Hill in between pints ;-)

I watched this last night.
I felt sorry for him.

Its cold and dark and if you aren't used to it like we are it must be difficult to adjust too. It must be hard for him.

Doesn't really have an entourage either, like, say Mendy does. His family aren't here either.
With Brahim and his family now leaving its gona be tough for Aymeric.

His flat seemed bare and not very homely also.

Its all very well being rich but it must be a lonely life if you don't have a partner and kids and you are living in a new City.

He seemed to be coping ok though and didn't slate the lifestyle here like some do.
Being alone is not always that difficult for everyone. Some people are very comfortable with the peace and quiet of the solitude and freedom you get from not living with anyone or near family. I certainly love living on my own in my flat and i've never been one for being that close to people, i've got a good family and mates but i don't speak to or see them all that often really. I prefer a life like that. It's less stressful. Every now and again is fine by me. I prefer shopping alone, doing things like walking in parks or up hills alone, training at the gym alone, even going for a coffee or a pint on my own. Nobody relies on me and i don't rely on anyone else. Could say i'm a bit of a loner but through choice and it's how i like it (rather than being a sad sap loner, if you know what i mean?), for some people being alone is really relaxing and comfortable and after being around others it's nice to get back to that self-space.

Not saying Aymeric is like that but i do think society in general has this outlook that living on your own or not having family around is a negative when for a lot of people it isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pleased to hear he hasn't got an agent. Seems like a really down to Earth lad, actually. Not one for the limelight, not an attention seeker. I notice he never mentioned Paul Pogba being at United and it doesn't surprise me he doesn't knock about with him. Or even Mendy being at City. Polar opposites!

He's obviously got the for the greater good attitude pep loves. Maybe he's just a modest man, self confident enough to be happy living on his own with only the necessities he needs. I can forgive him the Stoke jibe. It's the kind of stupid thing I'd say if I moved to a new country

I can see why he said the Stoke thing. Most footballers at City, United, Stoke etc generally like in Cheshire, so for someone who isn't from round here, I can see why you would think Manchester and Stoke are really close to one another.

Laporte is the model of defender we need in future. Really cool, knows his own confidence and how to make the it work, not a bad football too tbh, better than some midfielders in the prem.

Seems really grounded with a simple life. There must be something going on that he cant get into the French squad. The whole basque country thing. Although it is one of the harder international squads to break into!

Plus, That guy is a jinx. Dont let him back haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.