Frenkie de Jong(Signed for Barcelona)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should slam £80m on the table and make Barca pay top dollar if they want him.

I think it was ever only between our two clubs, PSG was merely fodder to push the fee high IMHO. Nothing substantiated of course but also makes sense Pep made more than one attempt to convince the player but as Koeman commented on recently, a player signing today has to be wondering how much longer Guardiola will be at City.

Of course, current Ajax management and most of the backroom staff as well as those surrounding the club are linked closely to Barcelona - the player & his father having affection for Cruyff & Barca doesn't hurt either. And Pep is the disciple of Cruyff so I knew that would likely resonate with the player & family. We'll see what happens but I have always felt that the transfer was really something this board could only screw up since everything pointed to it being a sure thing. Really want this to happen and the links from today suggest it is ending soon

Puig shares some similar traits to FDJ but I have fantasized about a midfield trio of Alena, Frenkie & Puig

Last edited:
Reactions: nmc
I think it was ever only between our two clubs, PSG was merely fodder to push the fee high IMHO. Nothing substantiated of course but also makes sense Pep made more than one attempt to convince the player but as Koeman commented on recently, a player signing today has to be wondering how much longer Guardiola will be at City.

Of course, current Ajax management and most of the backroom staff as well as those surrounding the club are linked closely to Barcelona - the player & his father having affection for Cruyff & Barca doesn't hurt either. And Pep is the disciple of Cruyff so I knew that would likely resonate with the player & family. We'll see what happens but I have always felt that the transfer was really something this board could only screw up since everything pointed to it being a sure thing. Really want this to happen and the links from today suggest it is ending soon

Puig shares some similar traits to FDJ but I have fantasized about a midfield trio of Alena, Frenkie & Puig

If that's the case we'll gladly take Arthur off your hands ;)

If that's the case we'll gladly take Arthur off your hands ;)

Ndombele should be the choice for you guys if we land FDJ, Arthur is quite comfortable at Barcelona but never say never - I think the Brasilian will split time with Puig in the coming years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.