Ex players as ambassadors

maradona.jpg

Just laughing at footage of this loon at the World Cup.....having just watched Narcos and picked up a common spanish phrase therefrom then reading his lips.....Im quite confident I understand what he was saying and it wasnt "well done lads, but spare a thought for those plucky Nigerian boys"
giphy.gif

Not bothered about El Whiff head. What about Corrigan and Booth etc?
Tommy's drinks bill each match will be more than he got paid for playing back in the day... Top bloke, funny as, and he is president of our supporters club in Rochdale...the Cassy Blues

Tommy's drinks bill each match will be more than he got paid for playing back in the day... Top bloke, funny as, and he is president of our supporters club in Rochdale...the Cassy Blues
He's a rum fucker I know that. I know a few old school from Middy who know him. His brother or cousin was the manager (football team)of the Ye Golden Lion in the 90s when I played for them. I seen him at a legends type show a few years ago with Buzzer and son and a few more. He's a funny bloke.

He's a rum fucker I know that. I know a few old school from Middy who know him. His brother or cousin was the manager (football team)of the Ye Golden Lion in the 90s when I played for them. I seen him at a legends type show a few years ago with Buzzer and son and a few more. He's a funny bloke.

He had the honour (!) of seeing me in my dressing gown in 1993 when delivering our video recorder from Granada tv rentals. Those were the days eh. Think he prefers the job he has now - being paid to be at city ;)

He had the honour (!) of seeing me in my dressing gown in 1993 when delivering our video recorder from Granada tv rentals. Those were the days eh. Think he prefers the job he has now - being paid to be at city ;)
Mad isn't it..Top footballer finishes career and does a job like that. Imagine Sterling starting as a ground worker when he retires from football? Crazy!

Has anyone done any City hospitality? - they apparently have ex-players there - was wondering who.

A colleague who is a dipper went to a hospitality thing at Anfield a few years ago and they had ginger super-sub David Fairclough chatting to people during the meal.

Has anyone done any City hospitality? - they apparently have ex-players there - was wondering who.

A colleague who is a dipper went to a hospitality thing at Anfield a few years ago and they had ginger super-sub David Fairclough chatting to people during the meal.

If you're an early bird at the stadium you see the past players arrive all suited and booted in their club blazer = Tommy Booth, Joe Corrigan, Ian Brightwell, Richard Edghill, Colin Bell, Tony Book (though i think nowadays he doesn't do much of the schmoozing, he deserves to be treated like royalty as far as im concerned!), Mike Summerbee, sometimes Peter Barnes.

You see Tony, Colin, and Mike watching the match from the directors box, but i think the others still have to do the rounds of hospitality and don't see the game.

Last edited:
If Leicester City is any comparison, they don't get paid as much as you'd think for the match day gig. My ex-mrs is now living with an ex-LCFC "legend" who I won't name, and as part of the divorce financial disclosures I had view of his earnings, which worked out to about £140.00 for the day - to arrive at the ground about 11am, meet & greet the pre-match diners, smooch around the tables, smooch around the boxes during the match, then a fans Q&A until about 6pm. This was an ex club captain, reasonably high profile in this town, earning about £20.00 an hour at his Saturday job! Better rates at Lidl. Unless she lied...but she'd never do that to me. Ermm..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.