EFL Cup final venue

I don't want to sound arrogant, but barring some sort of complete melt down, I expect City to beat Burton over two legs and progress to the final.

Seeing as Spurs are in the driving seat in the other semi. If they were to prevail and progress to the final also, should the final be played at Wembley? which basically is their home and has been for 2 seasons. Should the game be switched to a "neutral" ground for example Twickenham? (holds approx 80,000). Emirates would be unfair on them as much as playing the game at the swamp would be for us

What are your thoughts?

Twickenham has no football license and never will as the rugby toffs don't want us near the place

Twickenham has no football license and never will as the rugby toffs don't want us near the place

I think you'll find the residents don't want anything more than what they have, assuming they are "rugby toffs" is a bit daft.

I think you'll find the residents don't want anything more than what they have, assuming they are "rugby toffs" is a bit daft.
Yeah, generally living near a stadium is a pain in the arse and you want as few matches/concerts there as possible.

oh i thought the RFU had put out a statement many years back when Wembley was being demolished about potential football being played there,i must have been dreaming

Yeah just something for the masses on here to moan about. United beat them in the semi last year, we have beat them their twice whilst they've played in there and having the majority of fans.

I don't see what's unfair about it when both clubs have equal access to tickets if we get the home facilities.

There is the obvious that they are used to playing in that ground, the best example is United would always play at Villa Park not OT in the FA Cup semi if they got there for the same reasons. I feel the same though that it doesn't really matter.

oh i thought the RFU had put out a statement many years back when Wembley was being demolished about potential football being played there,i must have been dreaming

The RFU own the stadium. Who else would put out a statement?

The reason there aren't additional events - the reason there aren't additional rugby events - is because the residents' agreement limits them.

There is the obvious that they are used to playing in that ground, the best example is United would always play at Villa Park not OT in the FA Cup semi if they got there for the same reasons. I feel the same though that it doesn't really matter.
The game could be moved but there would be problems with every other option as well. The only stadium close in size is the swamp and neither club would really want to play there, plus I think the rags are at home that weekend, full programme of league fixtures that weekend etc.

The RFU own the stadium. Who else would put out a statement?

The reason there aren't additional events - the reason there aren't additional rugby events - is because the residents' agreement limits them.

whatever the feelings of the local residents are is not my point, my point is the RFU would not entertain football even a one off match within that stadium and it would be the same opinion from the RFU if the stadium was situated on the moors of Dartmoor with no locals

whatever the feelings of the local residents are is not my point, my point is the RFU would not entertain football even a one off match within that stadium and it would be the same opinion from the RFU if the stadium was situated on the moors of Dartmoor with no locals

Completely untrue. The RFU have requested additional events before and have had them rejected. You really think they want to refuse free money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.