Ruben Neves

Sort of player that looks great on MOTD - his highlights are good - scores spectacular goals but his all round midfield contribution is well below what Pep would demand. Good player but nowhere near good enough to replace Fern.

This position is one where we might do well to bring someone in with a bit of experience. After all, it's more about positional sense and reading of the game, and it served us well with Fernandinho. Then again, Pep brought Busquets through at a young age and won everything, so you never know. If we buy someone this summer (or ideally now), we've got next season for them to rotate with Fern before taking over fully. Would that be enough for Neves to get to the level we need of him?

Dunno if anyone's posted this:

Last edited:
Theres nobody out there, that can do what Ferny does, he is irreplaceable as far as im concerned

Ferny is a monster of a player, probably the one member of the squad who's absence actually affects the teams performance dramatically. I will say though, that under Pep he has gone to another level, and I'm hoping whoever is brought in, Pep will have the same influence over. There is no one out there who is a "ready made" replacement, performing at Ferny's level, hopefully there is a player close enough that can be molded into the role.

Good player but he's a bit Barry-esque in terms of mobility. Wouldn't have a peak Barry in the sole DM role in this team either even tho he was superb for us.

Sort of player that looks great on MOTD - his highlights are good - scores spectacular goals but his all round midfield contribution is well below what Pep would demand. Good player but nowhere near good enough to replace Fern.

Sums him up perfectly! Not for us, not good enough.

Let’s see what he can do on a cold night in Manchester:-)

I personally don’t think he will ever be at the level we require. Even Wolves fans I’ve spoken to say he’s had a very average season

Theres nobody out there, that can do what Ferny does, he is irreplaceable as far as im concerned
Only one I can think of with his mix of physicality, aggression, defensive skills, technical ability, passing and all-round midfield skills is Saul from Atletico, but he’d cost an absolute fortune, loves the club and Guardiola has said we’re not in for him. He can basically play anywhere.

Only one I can think of with his mix of physicality, aggression, defensive skills, technical ability, passing and all-round midfield skills is Saul from Atletico, but he’d cost an absolute fortune, loves the club and Guardiola has said we’re not in for him. He can basically play anywhere.
Kante at Chelsea? Could he do the job?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.